Chapter 488

Matt's POV: Once Antonio left, I turned to look at Maggie who was standing there with new bandages. "I would like some pain meds while you do it. Can I also get some sleeping pills? First night since it happened and I don't want to wake up screaming." Maggie nodded. "Sure thing. Don't need to have Gabby fall off the bed." I agreed with her on that.

"I am going to get the meds okay? Just give me a minute then we can change them." I nodded and decided to take off my shirt so that she could change them easier. 2 minutes later, Maggie was back with the meds. "That was fast." She looked at me. "I knew you would want some. It was in your chart that you wanted some last time this happened."

"One difference between the two situations...this time, it's with Gabby. Last time, I was still with Hallie. You ever meet her?" Maggie looked up at me and shook her head. "Who was she?" I was about to say something. "Doesn't matter. She died in a fire not too long after." Maggie nodded, feeling bad. "At least you have a family now."

I nodded and liked that fact before grabbing the pain meds. I then swallowed them quickly so that it wouldn't hurt when Maggie took off my bandages. And thank god it didn't. After taking off my current bandages and cleaning me up, she put new bandages on before taping me up. "Now, I think Dr. Rhodes wants to do one last check on you before he leaves tonight."

I nodded when I heard that. "Can you talk to him about coming here first? I would like to have it done before Matteo goes to bed. I don't want Gabby to have to worry about him waking up in the middle of the night when she's already worried about me." Maggie nodded and smiled. "Let me finish this and then I'll go find Dr. Rhodes." I smiled and nodded, appreciating it.