Chapter 621

Gabby's POV: When Matt suggested that Antonio might propose to Sylvie soon, I was shocked. "Honestly, I am not betting on that. I mean, he was already married once." I then started to walk away with Matt to the locker room. Matt then smiled. "Well, we got married again." I sighed and looked at him. "We're different. You were my husband before and we basically just made it official again...you do know I felt married to you even when we were just technically engaged?"

Matt nodded when we arrived at the lockers. "Oh shit, who's locker is next to yours?" I thought about it and realized that Mouch's locker was next to mine. Thank god he was there when we walked in. "Either we share one or we ask him to move." Mouch turned to look at us, knowing I was referring to him considering Matt didn't have a locker here. "If you need me to move lockers, I understand. I took this one when you left Dawson. It used to be yours."

I nodded and smiled. "I just want me and Matt to have lockers next to each other. We know each other's combinations. So, heaven forbid something happened...they are right next to each other and we can grab stuff quickly." Mouch nodded again and agreed. "Here, I will take Ottis' old locker. I mean, it's time someone uses it right Captain?" Matt nodded and agreed. "Please Mouch, just Matt now. I am no longer fire captain." 

Mouch nodded. "Okay Matt." He then moved his stuff from his old locker to the one that used to be Ottis'. We just stood there and waited for a minute. Looking up at Matt and smiled. "You still have your rank as Captain. You sure you want to be just Matt around here?" Matt nodded. "I am not a fireman anymore. I am a paramedic. Once they get a new captain on 81, it'll be confusing." Mouch then looked at us. "About that, Chief said he had an announcement to make." I nodded.

"Give us two minutes and we'll make out way out." Mouch nodded and then walked away. I then turned to look at Matt. "Think he'll make it official? You know, Hermann the new captain?" Matt smiled and nodded, hoping so. "I think it's about time he does."