Chapter 595

Matt's POV: When Gabby said that the job offer she gave me wasn't out of the blue, I was confused. So...she actually planed on asking me to go with her? Her visit wasn't just a fluke and it was on purpose that she came back then? "Talk to me Gabby and explain." Gabby nodded as she rubbed my chest. "Matt, to even get on this mission...you have to do background checks and stuff. As your wife, I was able to get them to not do that on you. They literally had to look at you for my background check." I nodded and understood.

"Also, since it was a CFD mission...I had to speak to HQ. I wanted to get their opinion and I needed to let them know I wanted to ask one of their Captains to join me on my mission. Then, they could've done their vetting to find a replacement for you." I decided to just listen about all the process and work she had to do just to get me there in Puerto Rico with her. "Then, I had to do a conflict of interest report because I needed to prove that I didn't own Casey Construction."

I nodded. "Nope, that never transferred to the two of us...I kept it separate." I nodded. "I had to show them the incorporation documents and show I had no financial stake in the company. Then, I needed to show you were the sole employee. So, this took me a good month. So, me offering it to you might've sounded like it was just you know...hey, let's go back together so we don't have to break up. It's because I wanted you to want to go."

I sighed when she said that and then kissed her forehead softly. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know. Had I known, maybe I would've at least considered it more." I then went and grabbed her hand, intertwining our fingers. "But, I am glad I didn't go because now we have Matteo." Gabby smiled when I said that before going to kiss me softly. "But most importantly, we have each other." I smiled when she said that too before kissing her again. I then rolled over and smirked at her, leaning down to kiss her when we were interrupted. I groaned when Matteo cried. "No, not now!" Gabby chuckled and looked at me.

"Go make us some sandwiches and come back. We can cuddle with Matteo when you get back." I nodded and smiled, stealing a quick kiss from her before getting out of bed and walking to the kitchen to go make us some lunch. Grabbing my phone off my side table, I took it with me to the kitchen just in case. Gabby then got out of bed too and walked over to Matteo's crib so that she could get him and feed him his lunch.