Chapter 542

30 Minutes Later when Antonio gets back from Molly's

Gabby's POV: As I finish another bottle of breastmilk for Matteo, I smile as I watch him laying down next to me in his basinet. Matt decided to give him to me because he thought it would cheer me up. And it did, I realized that I didn't need another baby because I already have one. We could always adopt or do surrogacy in the future. But for now, we had a 2 month old son. While watching him laugh a bit, I spaced out because I didn't hear the door or Matt yell.

"Gabby?" That's when I finally snapped out of it. I turned to look at Matt who came out of the room with some bags. "You okay?" I then realized that I was thinking too hard. "Just thinking that I need to think positive. I have this guy here and honestly...yes, I would love another baby but, my life is too important to risk it." Matt smiled when I said that. "Plus, we always have other ways of having a baby. Surrogacy and adoption are great ways to expand our family."

Matt agreed as he moved to put Matteo's bags by the door, opening it for Antonio. "Sorry, Gabby was deep in thought when you rang." Antonio nodded, walking in with some Molly's. "So, listen...apparently Brianna saw you at the hospital today crying. I wanted to let you know that people are asking questions. Well, the firehouse is." I then looked at Matt and sighed. "Can you send them an e-mail or something using your CFD account and explain it to them?"

Matt nodded and agreed. "I will send a text to Severide. He can talk to them for us. Either that, or you can spend a minute with Antonio because I know you aren't done with the bottles. I will give him a call in the bedroom okay?" I nodded and agreed. "Sure thing, I need to update Antonio on Matteo's schedule anyways. Changed since he last watched him. "Matt nodded again as he walked away to the bedroom so he could explain what's happening to Severide.