Just Hear me Out

Gabby's POV: When Matt said that he was glad I was thousands of miles away in Puerto Rico, I was kinda heartbroken. I mean, yes...I loved being there but, I was his wife when I first left. How could he be glad I was there when we were still married? I decided to hear him out though. It was the right thing to do since he must have a good reason. Matt always did. 

"Go ahead and tell me why you were so glad." Matt sighed and looked at me. "I wasn't glad for myself okay? I was not happy. I was miserable. However, I saw what it did for you. The light in your eyes came back. It was as if the old you was back and just...happy." I nodded, unable to disagree with that. "You know I didn't leave because of you right?"

Matt nodded and sighed. "Partially. I get, you said it was all the bad memories here. But, we had a lot of good memories here." I nodded and agreed. "It was just all too much. I think the climax was when we got that news. I should've stayed but, my head wasn't in the right place. I guess I was scared to be around you because I felt like a failure, a disappointment...."

Matt stared at me when I started to say that, tearing up. He then moved the food out of the way and onto his side table. "Hey...come here." He moved his arms around held me close, kissing my forehead. "Matt, all you ever wanted in life was kids and I could've give them to you. I failed." Matt kissed my forehead and then whispered to me. "You didn't fail, the doctors failed you."

I looked up at him and then grabbed his hand. Intertwining our fingers, I listened to him. "Gabby, it wasn't your fault you couldn't have kids. And it was partially my fault you left. I tried to replace Louie too fast, before you were ready. We were in a bad place and we needed time apart. Time apart to grow, to mature and make our way back to each other." 

I smiled when she said that before laying my head down on his chest and listening to his heartbeat. I haven't done it in a while but it always used to calm me down. Still does. Matt smiled as he ran his fingers through my hair, deciding to let me stay there and relax. He turned his attention to Matteo instead and held his little hand while I got past my emotions.

It must be that time of the month again, my hormones are all over the place again. Maybe I should tell Matt so that he understands why I'm so hormonal. However, I decide to check my phone to be certain first. "Matt, can you pass me my phone?" Matt looks at me and nods as he reaches over to my side table to grab my phone for me, thinking I want to play games on it.