Chapter 589

"You wanted to hold me close didn't you?"

Matt's POV: When Gabby asked me that question, all I could do was smile. Of course I wanted to hold her close that night. I wanted to hold her close and not let her go, convince her to stay. Even though, yes...she had left me, I wanted her back if she ever moved back. However, I ended up letting her go again because it was the right thing to do.

"I wanted to hold you close and ask you to move back home, try again with me." Gabby just stared at me while taking a bite before looking at me. "Wow, I didn't know." I nodded and sighed before grabbing her hand. "It's a regret I have to this day. It's why it's so hard for me to forget the fact that we didn't go through Matteo's pregnancy together."

Gabby just rubbed my hand and let me explain. "I was so conflicted. I knew that you needed to go back, you were doing great things. Yet, at the same time...my life just started to feel normal again when you got back. I wanted to tell you to stay and never leave. However, I decided not to because I thought it wasn't worth the heartbreak."

Gabby nodded. "You were heartbroken when I came back and told you about that permanent position. To tell you the truth, I have regrets too. I shouldn't have left so soon. Maybe we could've talked about it. Maybe it would've changed something." I shook my head. "It wouldn't have Gabby. We both know that. I didn't want to admit it at the time but, I was glad you were in Puerto Rico."

Gabby glared at me and wasn't too happy. "Excuse me? You were glad your wife was thousands of miles away from you in Puerto Rico?" I bit my lip and sighed, knowing she was offended. "Okay, just hear me out."