I'm On Your Side

Antonio's POV: As I looked into my sister's eyes, I could see that she was asking me something a bit more than what she was saying. Yes, she was asking if I would be on her side. The answer, always! However, what she was really asking was if I would support her decision to risk her life again to expand her family. I knew that was the real question and I knew that it was something that she needed to decide with Matt, not me. However, whatever she decided I would be there.

"Gabby, listen....I am not your husband, I am your brother. Does it concern me that you might be risking your life again? Of course it does. However, at the end of the day....it's your decision. I can't make you get an abortion. And Matt, neither can you. If she goes forward, I want you there with her. Gabby, you are a great mom to Matteo. If you're pregnant again, I'm on your side."

Gabby then walked over to me and then hugged me. "I am just scared Antonio. I mean..." I looked at her and then kissed her forehead. "Gabby, before you get ahead of yourself...go take the test." Gabby nodded and then walked over to Matt. "Antonio, Matteo is just resting there in his crib. Do you mind watching him? I want Matt with me in the washroom."

Matt looked at her and nodded, understanding why. I then nodded. "Gabby, take your time. I have nothing to do today. I'm here to help you today. Did you have breakfast?" Matt looked at me and shook his head. "Not yet. There's leftover pancakes." I nodded. "Okay, I'll heat them up. Now, go take the pregnancy test and let's see whether we are having babies together."

Gabby chuckled and nodded before grabbing Matt's hand to take the pregnancy test.