Midnight Pancakes Part 2

Gabby's POV: Once the pancakes were ready, I smiled when Matt walked over to me with the plate. I then looked at him and sighed. "Matteo just fell asleep in my arms. I don't know if I want to move. You know it's hard to get him back to sleep." Matt just smiled at me. "Then here's what we'll do. I can feed you the snack you want and then, we can sleep here."

I nodded and smiled at him before looking at the food. "Here, give me my plate and let me eat quietly." Matt nodded before giving me my plate and a fork. I then proceeded to eat the pancake he made my while he did the same. "I made some extra just to let you know. We can have them for breakfast in the morning." I turned to look at him and nodded. "Good idea, much faster."

Matt smiled as he took a bite of his pancake before looking at Matteo who just woke up but wasn't crying. "Seems like someone's awake." I turned to look at Matteo and smiled, rubbing his cheek. "I guess somebody just wanted to be close to their daddy." Matt smiled when I said that before taking another bite of his food. "Maybe we should sleep here. You in my arms and Matteo on my chest. That way, we all get the rest we need and I get to hold my family close."

I then turned to look at him and nodded, loving the idea. "It's a win, win situation." I chuckled and nodded before moving to kiss her shoulder. "Eat up and then we'll cuddle as a family. Hopefully, he'll fall back asleep. But, if he is still awake when we're done...then we can do it in bed. Sorry but, it helps my back more to sleep in bed."

I then looked into his eyes. "Then we'll sleep in bed. You already hurt you arm. I don't want you to hurt your back too." Matt smiled and nodded while I put my hand on the side of his face. "Matt, you can be selfish for a while right now. You need to think about yourself. You're injured and need to be comfortable. Be honest, it must've hurt a bit to make the pancakes."