Chapter 539

Matt's POV: When Gabby asked me how much of her conversation with Antonio I overheard, the answer was none. However, I knew the gist of it. All I heard was Subway. "All I heard was Subway. However, I think we all know that if we are going to go to a restaurant...it's not going to be Subway." Gabby turned to look at me and sighed. "Matt, Matteo can't go to a bar."

I nodded and then went to stand next to her, rubbing her back. I decided not to push forward because I already knew Gabby was hurting. She may have made the decision to end the pregnancy to save her life but...that didn't make it any easier on her. "Or, we can stay here and talk. Gabby, you must want to talk about it? I mean, you've hard a though couple hours."

Gabby looked at me and nodded, moving closer to me as I wrapped my arms around her. "I am just nervous I guess...that I made the wrong decision or that you're regretting it." Moving to kiss her forehead softly, I sighed while feeling her rub my arms. "I will never regret a decision I make to save your life. I promise." Gabby nodded again while leaning up to kiss me softly.

Gabby then stepped close to me and whispered. "Think maybe we can ask Antonio to take Matteo for the night? I think right now, all I need is you and some quiet time." I nodded and completely understood. We've had a rough 24 hours full of emotions. I then looked at Antonio. "Antonio, think maybe you can do us a favour?"

Antonio looked at us, confused. "What would that be?" I looked at Gabby one last time, getting a confirmation that this is what she wanted. "You sure?" Gabby nodded and then let me go, walking away to the bedroom so that I could talk to Antonio. Antonio could tell something was wrong. "You guys okay?" I sighed and looked at him. "Me and Gabby just need some time alone. More specifically, time alone with just me and her. So, you think you could...." 

Antonio nodded and understood. "You want me to take Matteo for the night?"