Chapter 484

Matt's POV: Right when I mentioned bar hoping, as if on cue, Stella walked in. "What's this about bar hoping?" I turned to look at her and smiled. "How are you Stella Bella?" Severide then looked at me. "You high on pain meds?" I looked at him and smirked. "A bit but also..." Stella then stared at me. "I'm gonna kill that girl. That was my old nickname from a long time ago."

I then decided to tease her. "That the one before Stella Bella Swan or after?" Stella looked even more embarrassed. "She didn't." I nodded. "Goth phase." I smirked and looked at her. Stella just shook her head and then smiled. "If you weren't hurt, then I would slap you. Then again, you are my captain and I can get fired for assaulting you."

I smiled at her. "Actually, Hermann is going to be your Captain for the next 6 months." As if right on cue, again...Hermann walked in. "I am?" I turned to look at him and smiled. "Yes Hermann, I am out for the next 6 months thanks to this gun shot wound." Boden then followed him in and nodded. "Wow, that's a long leave Matt. Seems like that worked out for you after all." I nodded and smiled. "So that means, I am off starting now until the end of April next year." 

Severide then looked at me. "God, that makes me jealous. You're so f***in' lucky!" I then looked at him. "Yes, I am pretty lucky." Hermann then looked at me. "How are you lucky?" I smiled at him. "For the next 6 months, I get to spend everyday with my wife and son. Meanwhile, I also get to miss the horrible Chicago winter work we get." Boden looked at me and nodded. "I will definitely make sure that Gabby gets the time off to be your caretaker." 

I was so happy to hear that. "Thanks. Might take her on a vacation. And this time, it'll be more private than the beach. Need to actually relax this time. Me and Gabby both need it." They all smiled at me and nodded. Hermann then spoke up. "Just to let you know, I called Cindy about this. She's gonna make you guys some easy meals." That's when I heard Gabby come back with Matteo. "God, why must we be so lucky that you always give us stuff?"