Chapter 549

Matt's POV: After spending the last hour in bed, pleasing Gabby (and giving her a hickey) by kissing her lips and neck...I was now in the kitchen, getting the pizza we got for supper ready. We had a great conversation in there and now I knew we were in a better place. Was it disappointing that we couldn't have kids with her being pregnant? Of course it was. But, was it something that I was willing to risk loosing Gabby over? Not in a million years. 

As I was taking some plates out, I saw Gabby come out in one of my CFD shirts that I normally used for construction jobs as well as some of my old sweatpants that didn't fit me anymore. They always say that women wearing your clothes is sexy. And boy is that true. I smiled when she walked over to me, seeing that she didn't do a very good job hiding the hickey I gave her with makeup. "You seriously tried to cover it up?"

Gabby turned to look at me as she walked over to the fridge to grab some OJ. She then went to grab a glass and smiled. "Sorry, but Antonio said he was going to call before Matteo went to bed so we could say goodnight. I'm sorry but I do not need to have him or our son see me with a hickey when we said we were going to grieve." I laughed and nodded. "Do me a favour though?" Gabby walked over to the other side of the counter. "What?"

I smiled at her and gave her some pizza. "Take the makeup off when we're done talking to them? I would like to see it even though you don't want Antonio to see it." She nodded and smiled while grabbing my hand. "Listen, tomorrow I want to get out of here. Maybe we can head to the gym or something together? I need to get back in shape." I nodded and smiled. "Only if you promise not to overdo it. Gabby, you are recovering again."

Gabby sighed and looked at me. "Is there any way we can stop talking about it?"