Chapter 567

Matt's POV: An hour after getting home, I finally got Matteo to sleep. Gabby asked me if I could do it because she wanted to take a minute to do some thinking. I think I knew what it was about but, I couldn't confirm it. At least, not without talking to her. I decided to do that when I saw her standing at the window in the kitchen. She normally did this when she was overwhelmed. And the one thing that always helped her in these times? Me listening and letting her talk.

Walking into the kitchen, I smiled as he walked up behind her. I then put my hands on her legs and kissed her shoulder. "You feeling a little overwhelmed about something?" Gabby sighed as she felt my arms tighten around her. "I can't help but feel like maybe we left something out when it came to use telling them everything that happened. I mean, there was another event that did make it hard for us to be together...something you didn't know about."

I looked at her confused. "What do you mean Gabby?" She turned to face me and then brought me close to her. "It all goes back to that fire. That stupid fire that could've changed everything." I looked at her, not that much more enlightened. "Gabby, that's a lot of our fires." I chuckled and agreed. "I am talking about the one where Shay died. Maybe the reason I always look at her name closely when we're in the ambulance is because I still feel guilty." 

I nodded before grabbing her neck. "Gabby, you can't do that to yourself. Shay wouldn't want you to do that to yourself. In fact, I know she wouldn't. She was so happy we were getting married the first time. You remember, she helped me pick the ring?" Gabby nodded and rubbed my chest. "So I am sure she is up there in heaven, thrilled for us. Thrilled that we got back together, got married and had Matteo." Gabby smiled when I said that. 

I then went in to kiss her when we heard a knock on the door. I groaned when I leaned over her and kissed her shoulder. "Who is it?" That's when we heard Antonio. "It's me, Antonio!" Gabby smiled and then looked at me. "If he's off shift, he's staying for a while." I nodded and agreed, letting her go so that she could open the door.