Chapter 588

Back at the Casey Residence:

Matt's POV: As I finish making breakfast for me and Gabby, I smile as I decided to put it on a tray for once as I brought it back to bed. Walking into the bedroom, I smile when I see that Gabby is currently on her phone. I then walk up to her and move the tray over her. "Excuse me." He looks up at me. "Oh sorry, didn't hear you come in." I chuckle and smile, setting the food down.

"What did Jay want?" I looked at her. "God, you have good ears." Gabby smiled at me as I walked around the bed to get in on my side once again. Sitting down on the bed, I grabbed my plate before looking at her. "Matt, you have to remember that our hearing abilities are better than other people's. We are first responders." I nodded and agreed. Trust me, it's why I hated sleeping at your brother's place whenever he had a woman over."

Gabby just stared at me. "Oh no." I nodded. "Even though we were in the basement, I still heard them two floors up. That's thanks to being a firefighter." Gabby nodded while I went to grab some scrambled eggs I made for us. Unfortunately, Gabby didn't like the taste. "Uh, too much pepper Matt." She decided to steal one of my toasts and gave me her eggs.

"Okay then, more for me." She nodded. "If I need more food, I can always eat more toast." I nodded and looked at her. "Go ahead." She just stared at me. "Matt, you do realize that you need to be watching my diet right? I can't get fat and be a paramedic." I looked at her. "Yet Mouch can be a firefighter?" We both looked at each other and laughed, realizing what I said.

"Promise me you won't tell him I called him fat." Gabby looked at me. "Oh, he knows he is. However, I still can't forget how he looked in his wedding tux. God, it was tight." I chuckled when she said that. "But not as tight as the dress you wore to that fundraiser. God, it was so hard to stop myself from just wrapping my arm around you and putting my hand on your leg."

Gabby looked at me when I said that. "You wanted to hold me close didn't you?"