Chapter 608

Matt's POV: I could tell that Severide was absolutely shocked when I said that a newborn baby costs about $2,700 just to get everything you need. "The $2,700 includes a crib, a stroller, a car seat, a rocking chair, a changing table, newborn clothes and newborn diapers. Oh, and you can also add on at least $5,000 just for the woman to give birth. However, I paid $7,000." 

Severide just got nervous. "Does insurance cover it?" I sighed and shook my head. "You have to pay an extra premium. It wasn't covered because I didn't buy the insurance. I had to pay extra because it was a scheduled C-Section with an ER doctor and a team." Severide nodded. "So, the total cost of a baby as of day 1 is anywhere from $7,700 to $10,000."

That's when I heard Gabby come out again to grab some water. "Did you forget to add the $500 for the hospital night?" I turned to look at her and nodded. "Right, forgot about that." Gabby then walked over to the fridge and grabbed some water. "Oh and another thing Severide, keep her hydrated. Pregnant women need to have 1.5x the regular amount of recommended water." 

Severide sighed and looked at us both. "Can you just write this all down for me? Like the costs for everything I need for a baby plus the hospital stuff?" Gabby looked at me and nodded. "I got it Matt, I can also include pre-natal care in there if he's going to help pay for it." I then looked at her. "By the way, where did you get your pre-natal care done?" Gabby looked at me. "Miami. That was the nearest hospital in my insurance policy."

I nodded and smiled at her. "Listen, how about you check on Matteo? Your burger is almost done. You can eat and then rest again." Gabby nodded and smiled before walking up to me and kissing me softly. "Severide, stay for a while after supper okay? We can talk more about what to expect when it comes to the pregnancy and newborn life." Severide nodded. "Sure, maybe me and Matt can have a beer?" I turned to look at Gabby, asking for permission.