When Duty Calls Part 1

Gabby's POV: As me and Matt arrived at the fire where the trucks were already set up, we parked the car a few blocks away before grabbing out jackets. I then looked at Matt and smiled at him. Rushing over together, we not got ready to work as paramedics on the first big fire. "Remember, we are paramedics. Not firemen!" Matt nodded as he walked over with me.

Chief was already getting Squad to do a search. Truck 81 was getting it's ladder out while Engine 51 was getting some water out. Walking over, we looked at Ambo 51 to see Sylvie was there. Before we got to work, we walked over to Chief. "Chief, how bad is it?" He turned to look at us and saw we already had our work jackets on. "It's bad. Two condo buildings, two apartment buildings, and two commercial buildings with a mall underneath."

Matt got nervous and sighed. "Who's on Ambo 51?" Chief nodded. "Sylvie and Mackey. Would you like to assist? I put Mackey as PIC though because of Sylvie's pregnancy." I nodded. "Matt, you work with Mackey with the more critical patients and I will work with Sylvie." We both nodded and then ran over to Sylvie and Mackey.

Sylvie then looked at us both. "Good, I was just about to call for backup. You guys sure you guys don't mind working?" Matt just looked at Sylvie. "Two condos, two apartment buildings, two commercial buildings and a mall underneath. I'm sorry but...there's no way we aren't working it. However, you are backing up and letting me and Mackey triage." 

I looked at him and tried to understand. "Why are you doing that to Sylvie?" Matt was about to answer when we heard Antonio yell over. "Sylvie! What the hell did I tell you! I want you on desk duty for this pregnancy!" I turned to look at my brother and sighed. "Antonio, calm down. Where's Matteo?" He looked at me and nodded. "He's in my car."