Chapter 494

Meanwhile, at Chicago Med with Matt and Gabby as they lay down in bed.

Matt's POV: As me and Gabby sleep in the hospital bed this morning, I am so glad we are still asleep because I hadn't expected to sleep this well. Unfortunately, our shut eye was interrupted when a doctor or nurse knocked on the door. I looked up and groaned. "Gabby, can you go see who that is? I think we locked it." Gabby looked up at me and nodded, going to get it.

I moved to lay down in the middle of the bed more while she got the door before seeing it was Maggie. I was a little shocked to see her. "What time is it?" Maggie smiled at me. "It's 7 am. Sorry for the early wake up. But...Natalie called me and said she wanted an MRI. She wanted me to do it right away so she can clear you to go home right away. Thought I would let you know."

I nodded and looked at Gabby. "Can we have breakfast first? I am not good on an empty stomach." Gabby turned her head and looked at me. "Which takes longer, getting breakfast here or him going to get the MRI?" Maggie then looked at me. "Getting breakfast here." Gabby then looked at me. "What do you want? I'll order it for you while you're getting an MRI."

I nodded and then went to get up from the bed and into the wheelchair next to it. "Just get me a bagel with cream cheese. We can eat more at home." Gabby nodded and smiled before watching as Maggie went to grab me in the wheelchair. "Let's get your MRI done. Then, you can come be with your family again." I nodded and smiled, ready to get home later today.