Chapter 541

Matt's POV: Once Antonio left to go to Molly's I went to lock the door before making my way to the bedroom, still carrying Matteo in my arms. I walked in to see Gabby standing at the side of the bed, tears in her eyes as she folded some clothes for Matteo. I moved to walk over to her and set Matteo down on the bed next to the bag she was packing. Wrapping my arms around her waist, I sighed as I kissed her shoulder to try and make her feel better. 

That's when she put her hand on mine and then rubbed it. I moved my hands to her sides and then whispered to her. "Gabby, you okay?" She took a deep breath and then turned around to look at me. "Just a hard day." She then stepped close to me and then hugged me. I put my chin on her head and then kissed the top of her head. "This is similar to how I felt when we lost Louie. However, it feels 10 times worse than that day."

I nodded and pushed her head up, moving my hand to her neck. "What can I do to make you feel better? We are going to be alone after lunch. Tell me what I can do baby and I will do it. I am here for you and we're in this together. Always." Gabby nodded and then kissed me softly while putting her hands on my chest. I then took it slow with her before pulling away. Looking into her eyes, I saw how hurt she was. 

"Today, I just need you to hold me in your arms. I need you to tell me everything is going to be okay and that we can make it through this together. I am scared Matt, scared to loose you again." I nodded and then wrapped my arms around her tight. She then moved her arms around my shoulders and just held me. I kissed her forehead softly while hearing her whimper. "Gabby, I'm here and not going anywhere...I promise."

Gabby nodded and looked up at me. "I am going to probably ask you that a lot this afternoon." I nodded and then smiled. "You can ask me all the times you want. We'll talk this afternoon and I'll make you feel better. But just know the answer will always be the same. Gabby, I love you...I've always loved you. And yes, Matteo is an amazing gift. But it's not what makes me love you. I love you for who you are."

Gabby smiled when I said that before wrapping her arms around my neck. "When Antonio's back, he's eating at his place. I just need you to relax with me in here. Change into some sweats though. We aren't moving from bed. And I am going to want some kisses today." I nodded and agreed with her. "Whatever you need to feel better, you are going to get. I am all yours for a couple days if you want. Pack for 2 days just in case."

Gabby looked at me. "I like that idea. I think we need it." I agreed and then smiled at her, kissing her forehead softly. "Let me take over packing okay? You need to do some pumping. Like, a lot of pumping. Either that or we drop off more bottles at Antonio's tomorrow?" Gabby nodded. "Maybe we can go out tomorrow for the day? Drop the bottles off in the morning, then get him that night." I nodded and smiled. "I'll go along with whatever you want."

Gabby smiled, moving out of my arms before walking away to the kitchen to grab her pump, going to make some bottles for Matteo since he is going to be going to Antonio's. Meanwhile, I went to pack some clothes for Matteo in a little duffle bag that Antonio was going to grab with the diaper bag and the stroller.