Chapter 557

After the fire - 12:30 pm:

Gabby's POV: Once everything was done, I sighed as I grabbed a bottle of water. I then walked over to Chief to see if he needed anything. When he saw me, he smiled. "God, that was impressive Gabriella. I haven't seen you work that fast and hard in over a year." I chuckled and smiled before looking at him. He then looked at me, more serious. "How are you doing?"

I knew then that he meant on a personal basis, not professionally. "I am doing better. It was to protect me. I would rather be here with Matt and Matteo any day. Wasn't worth risking my life." He agreed and then went to hug me. "Well listen, you are welcome to come back to the firehouse. You must be hungry after all that work." I smiled at the idea when I heard Matt.

"Hey Gabby, Antonio wanted to know if we wanted to take Matteo back now?" I turned to look at him and then nodded. "Uhm, Chief invited us to lunch at the firehouse. What do you say?" Matt smiled at the idea. "I'd love that." He then kissed my head as he wrapped his arm around me. "We can always do grocery shopping online again." I nodded. "Plus, he's too young for Halloween."

I agreed with him again before looking at Chief. "How about you guys head back to the house and we can pick up some burgers for everybody instead of cooking?" Matt nodded and then went back to Antonio so he could get Matteo. Chief smiled at the idea. "Sure thing. However, let me just get you the company card we use for gas." I nodded before walking over to his Jeep.

Once I had the card, I smiled at him when I saw Severide and Cruz talking to Matt and making funny faces at Matteo. "Guys, chief wants to go. Just tell us your McDonalds order. We're getting food for the house. Be there soon." They both nodded and smiled. "We'll text you it." I agreed and then smiled. "Go back to the house, see you soon."

Once they walked away, Matt looked at me. "You do realize that firefighters eat two burgers there and they cost $10 each, meaning we could be paying almost $200." I then showed him the company card. "CFD is paying." Matt chuckled and nodded before looking at Antonio. "You want to come along or you going home?" Antonio looked at us when he saw Voigt.

Voigt then yelled at Antonio. "Antonio, you're on duty. Need more man power to get info." He nodded and sighed. "Supper tonight, my place?" I smiled and nodded. "Sure thing." He then walked away to go with Voigt while we put Matteo in his car seat (which Matt already got from Antonio's car and put back in ours along with the stroller) before heading to McDonald's.