Chapter 496

Gabby's POV: As I sit in the hospital room with Matteo, I smiled as we spend a little quality time together while Matt is getting his scans. I then decide to grab my phone to listen to some music when I see Antonio and Sylvie at the door. "Where's Matt?" I smiled at them as I got up. "MRI. How did you guys get in here before visiting hours?" I moved to set Matteo down on the chair I was just sitting in and went to hug them.

Antonio smiled at me. "We're visiting under the guise of it being part of the investigation." I then leaned back and looked at him. "Do you need to ask him questions?" Sylvie then looked at me. "Gabby, it's just a guise. We are here on a personal visit." I nodded and sighed. "Sorry, just a lot of stress that is going to be going on. I have a lot on my mind. Like whether I need to cancel my jobs with the charity I have at those balls next month."

Sylvie looked at me. "Gabby, you need to relax. You are going those nights. Matt will not want you to miss out on those. Plus, he'll need it too. Being cooped up with you for 24 hours straight can be quite annoying at times. I can't imagine 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." I laughed a bit and then looked at Antonio. "How's the investigation?" Antonio sighed. "I just talked to Voigt and he just finally agreed to let me onto the case."

I smiled. "Who's working it with you? I know you need at least 2 more detectives who aren't family to help you in these cases." Antonio smiled. "Jay and Erin are helping me. They said they wanted to stop by and question Matt. I didn't know if they meant here or at your place." I thought about it and looked at him. "Can they come for lunch at our place? This guy is going to need more naps today. Would rather do it at home." 

Antonio nodded again and smiled. "Sylvie, how about you keep Gabby company? I'm going to give Jay and Erin a call." Sylvie nodded and smiled before letting Antonio go so he could call Jay and Erin.