Chapter 586

Matt's POV: While standing outside in the kitchen to make me and Gabby some breakfast, I got a text message from Jay Halstead. Even though we didn't know each other very well, we were starting a friendship because we were in similar positions. He just got to be there for Erin during the final parts of her pregnancy. Apparently, she's due in February...right around Valentine's day. The text message asked me if I could talk about baby products.

I decided to give him a call, hoping she was off work. He answered the phone, seemingly out of breath. "Hello?" I went and spoke to him over speaker. "This a bad time?" Jay then calmed down a bit. "Sorry, just at the mall right now.  It's busy here." I chuckled and nodded. "So, what can I do for you?" I smiled while going to grab some bacon. "I wanted to know where you bought Gabby's ring. I want something like it for Erin."

I chuckled when he said that. "Trust me man, you do not what Gabby's wedding ring for Erin. Hank would kill you." He just got confused. "It's a wedding band we bought at the courthouse. Cost like $100 and can be included in a package." Jay obviously didn't know that. "Oh, I didn't know. I am just scared to go too late and stuff...and." I went and grabbed the phone, taking him off speaker.

"Okay, first things first...take a breather." Jay agreed and I could tell her was already calming down. "Now, the best plan for you to get wedding rings is to go together. Honestly, that way you can get matching wedding bands. And you can get them fitted before the ceremony. At least, that's what I did with Hallie." Jay agreed again before taking a deep breath. "I am just scared that Erin will want to do it too fast and they won't be ready."

I decided to give him reassurance. "Honestly Jay, I am pretty sure that she would love any ring you gave her. The only ring they honestly care about is the engagement ring. The wedding ring is normally not as nice or expensive as the engagement ring."