Chapter 602

Severide's POV: As I walk into Matt and Gabby's apartment, I sigh...hoping to get some advice from Matt about a request from the mother of my child. She wants to move closer to her parents in Madison, Wisconsin. However, I want to stay in Chicago. He made that mistake with Gabby once. I want to know what he thinks I should do.

Once we were both sitting on the couch, I sighed. "Okay, so here's the thing. Rachel called me the other day. She says she's been thinking about where she wants to raise the kid. She says she wants to move closer to Madison, Wisconsin...her hometown." Matt looked at me and sighed. "And you want to know my opinion."

I nodded and sighed. "Matt, you have a kid and you've experienced a long-distance relationship. If you had to go back and do it all over again, what would you have done?" Matt looked at me. "I would've gone to Puerto Rico with Gabby and saved our marriage. Either that or gone to find her after our date in Chicago that night." 

I looked at him confused. "Wait, so you had a date with Gabby when she came back from Puerto Rico for a night and she didn't tell you she was pregnant?" Matt shook his head and glared at him. "I'm talking about that night. The one where we went to the charity event. I've decided to stop calling it a one night stand. It's more to us now."

That's when I heard Gabby come out. "Then if it wasn't a one night stand, what was it?" Matt turned to look at her and then smiled. "A date. A very sexy date." Gabby chuckled when she looked at me. "Here Severide, how about you practice holding a baby. And how about you let me help you with these decisions? Maybe having a woman's point of view might help."

I looked at Gabby. "Why would it help to have a woman's point of view?"  Matt just stared at him and shook my head. "Dude, why in the world would you say that?"