Chapter 622

Boden's POV: As I saw everybody celebrating for Hermann, I needed to calm them down since I have one more announcement. "Okay, you can celebrate in a moment. I have one more announcement. As you all know, Sylvie is pregnant with her first child. Now, even though I expected her to come back eventually....that is not the case. Sylvie has resigned from CFD."

I looked at Gabby, wanting to see what her reaction would be as they are close. It seems like she already knows. "Matt and Gabby, I assume you already know?" Gabby nodded. "Yes, we spoke with my brother about it." I nodded and smiled. "Sgt. Voigt recently created a new position at CPD. Sylvie has been hired as the new Liaison between CFD, CPD, Chicago Med and OFI." 

They all nodded, happy for her. "This means that I can officially say that Matt will be her permanent replacement." Matt then looked at me confused. "Wasn't I already her permanent replacement?" I nodded and sighed. "Technically, it was just pregnancy leave. However, right before I got you approved to be the third paramedic....she resigned."

Matt nodded, somewhat understanding when the bells went off. "Squad 3, Ambo 61. Drowning at Douglas Park Golf Course." With that, Squad and Ambo got up and started running to get ready. "Good luck!" They all nodded while leaving to go to Douglas Park Golf Course.