Chapter 512

An Hour Later - Back at Home

Matt's POV: Once me and Gabby made our way home and put Matteo to bed, I walked into our bedroom with my hospital bag so I could un pack. That's when I heard Gabby behind me. "Matt, be honest with me...are you sure you're okay with all this bad news? You may act fine but deep down, you must either resent me or have mixed feelings."

I turned to look at Gabby when she said that and then shook my head. "Gabby, of course I have mixed feelings. I just had to give up the career I always dreamed of having." Gabby then looked down, feeling bad. "However, I gave it up for the best reasons." I then walked over to her and smiled while bringing her close to me. 

I moved my hand to her arm and then rubbed it. "Gabby, I gave it up for us to be able to live the life of my dreams with the girl of my dreams. Gabby, if I had to choose between being able to be a firefighter and being your husband as well as Matteo's dad...I pick you and Matteo every time." Gabby smiled when I said that before kissing me softly.

I then moved to wrap my arm around her waist and kissed her slowly. I then went to grab her shirt and then started to undo it. "I want you." Gabby nodded and smiled. "I want you too." I then moved to wrap my arm around her back and then moved to pick her up in my arms. He then wrapped her legs around my waist and smiled, ready to give me some attention.

I smiled while carrying her to our bed, opening the covers before laying her down. I then went to take my shirt off as I looked at her. "Be careful with your arm." I nodded and smiled before getting undressed that night, ready to take Gabby in my arms and give her pleasure. Once I was finally undressed, I got in with her and kissed her again, helping her get undressed.

Taking our time in bed that night, I was so happy to be home in Gabby's arms. I just hoped that we would have a few hours before Matteo woke up again for his midnight feeding.