Consult with Manstead

Gabby's POV: When I said I wanted to talk to Will and Natalie before we left, I was a little nervous. Matt however, was fully supportive with the fact that I wanted to talk to them. It was about my aneurysm. I knew they took scans recently and I wondered whether it would affect this baby. Or, if there was anything we could do to protect me and the baby. 

Once we made it to the office, I looked at Natalie when Will finally joined us. "Hey guys, you said you wanted to consult with us?" Matt nodded as he held Gabby's hand. "Not sure what about but, I am going to trust Gabby." I sighed and looked at them. "This is about my aneurysm. I know they didn't recommend pregnancy because of this. What are my odds of surviving this?"

Natalie when brought up the scans and looked at them. "Okay, so that's what that mass was. I didn't know and didn't want to alarm you before I talked to someone." I nodded. "Uhm, is the mass growing at all or is it the same?" Will then spoke up. "Natalie, bring up the scans we took when she gave birth to Matteo and we can check whether it's grown."

I turned to look at Matt and got nervous. Once Natalie brought up our previous scan, I was glad to see that things had changed. Natalie was obviously surprised too. "Apparently, your mass has shrunk. This is a miracle." I then turned to look at Matt and smiled as I rubbed his hand. "Does that mean it's operable now or is it too risky with the baby?"

Natalie then looked at us. "Right now, it's too risky. I would just say...stay the course and see your specialist. Tell her that you survived a previous pregnancy with an aneurysm and you want help to get through this pregnancy." I then looked at her. "Does that mean you won't be helping us through this pregnancy? I would really like a friend I can call if I feel worried."

Natalie looked at me and then smiled. "Gabby, we are going to help you through this pregnancy. Listen, right now....I would say you are fine to carry the baby. However, I am going to ask your permission to consult with your doctor. We can share the scans and they can inform us if anything gets too risky. However, for now....I would like you to stay local just in case."

I nodded before looking at Matt. "Looks like our plans to go anywhere soon are done." Matt chuckled and nodded. "Not that we had any. Listen, how long should we wait to tell people?" Will then looked at Natalie. "I'd say...for people other than Family, wait until you are at the 20 week mark." That surprised me. "Why the 20 week mark?" Natalie sighed and looked at us.

"That's the cut off date where we feel comfortable delivering the baby pre-mature."