Chapter 587

With Jay Halstead, The Shops at North Bridge:

Jay's POV: As I speak to Matt on the phone about wedding rings I could possibly get for Erin (I wanted to surprise her at the wedding), I was shocked when he said that the wedding ring normally isn't as nice (or expensive) as the engagement ring. "Seriously, I thought that was the more important one." Matt chuckled. "Trust me, I thought the same thing."

I then looked around and sighed when I saw Erin come out of the clothing store she was in. "Listen, Erin is coming out of the store she was in. Maybe you can give me a hand sometime?" Matt sighed over the phone. "You and Erin should do this together." I thought about it and agreed. "Sure thing. Thanks man." I then hung up when Erin walked over.

"That your brother?" I shook my head. "Dang, I probably could've called him too. He did shop for wedding bands after all. He and Natalie almost got married before." Erin nodded and went to grab my hand. "Let me guess, you want a hand in picking our wedding rings?" I nodded and then brought her into the jewelry store we were just outside.

"I was just going to get a black one." Erin looked at me. "Black?" I sighed. "For when I have to go undercover." Wrapping my arm around her, I kissed her forehead softly. "I guess that's fair. You know what, maybe I should just do the same. I'm more of a tomboy after all." I chuckled. "No, really?" She glared at me and then went to slap me. "Shut up or this will be your only kid." 

She then walked away towards the food court, with me running after her. "Erin!" I then caught up to her and sighed. "Hungry?" She nodded and grabbed my hand, leading me to the food court.