Chapter 510

Matt's POV: After making my way to the common room, I smiled when I saw everybody sitting at the table. I then walked up to everybody and then went to look at them. "You all waited?" They nodded and then smiled. That's when I saw Antonio and Brett walk in. "Antonio?" He smiled and nodded. "Boden called Brett about your resignation. He invited us to the meal you're having."

I nodded and smiled while walking over to him and shaking his hand. "What did Voigt say?" He nodded and smiled. "He understood, we're family. You've grown on him." I chuckled and smiled before looking at Brett. "So glad you could come." I then went to hug her. "Has the morning sickness started yet?" She nodded and groaned. "He said it would be easy."

I then looked at Antonio. "Whatever. Listen, family eats first." Everybody nodded and smiled while I walked over to grab some food. "What you want Gabby?" Gabby looked at me. "Just grab the same as your plate. That was always what we did." I nodded and smiled before seeing the sandwiches people threw together quickly. I then smiled while grabbing a couple for me and Gabby before walking over to her.

Once I was sitting down, everybody else started. However, I wanted to say something else. "Everybody, I just want to say something I should've said while I made my announcement." Everybody turned to look at me again. "I want to say that it's been an honor to have served on Truck for the past 10 years as a candidate, fireman, lieutenant and captain. And just to let you know, I am still going to be making sure that you guys stay in tip top shape."

Chief chuckled when he heard that. "Only here at the firehouse. When you are in the field, you are paramedic-in-chief." I then turned to look at Gabby. "Only on paper. I promise Gabby, I may be PIC on paper but...you will always be my paramedic-in-chief." Gabby smiled and nodded. "I mean if that works for you Boden, is that possible that she stays as PIC?" 

Boden nodded. "You are married so, it doesn't really matter. The paycheck still ends up in the same bank account." I chuckled and nodded, just realizing that now as me and Gabby sat together...just enjoying this time with our co-workers. I then kissed her head and smiled, really happy that we are going to be working together full-time again.