Chapter 560

Matt's POV: Once we made our way inside the firehouse, we all saw everybody jumping through the bags to get the food. I then looked at them. "Excuse me, but can we make sure that we get our food first?" They all turned to look at us and nodded. Hermann then spoke up. "It's fair guys, they are the ones that got it. By the way Matt, we should talk." I nodded. "Gabby, how about you grab us our food and then sit with me and Hermann on the couch."

Mouch did not like that. "Matt." I turned to look at him. "Mouch, don't make me pull rank." He looked at me confused. "But, you're a paramedic now." I was about to tell him that I kept my rank but Chief beat me to it. "Mouch, Matt maintained his rank because he left active duty based on injury. He is still a captain." He nodded and went to sit at the table. That's when Gabby spoke up. "Plus, didn't Trudy tell you to stand more?"

He groaned and looked at her. "As much as I am so glad you are back Gabby, this is going to be something I hate. You being back means I have a spy on Trudy's team." She took offence to that. "You do realize that I'm not the only spy here. Let me remind you that Sylvie is Antonio's girlfriend. Also, you're married to the woman. I'm sorry but...you underestimate women. We aren't blind. Trust me, we recognize weight."

Gabby then walked over to me and smiled. "Okay, who wants to hold Matteo first? It's time you guys hold him." Hermann then spoke up. "How about me? That way I can show everybody while you guys sit down and relax for a bit." I nodded and smiled at the idea. "You and then Cruz, he needs to learn." Cruz then glared at me. "Thanks a lot Hermann, not like it's a secret." That's when Mouch spoke up. "What's a secret man?"