Chapter 481

Gabby's POV: As I made my way up to Matt's room, I saw that he was awake and just sitting in his hospital bed shirtless. I made my way in carefully so I didn't scare him. "You gave me quite a scare." Matt then turned to look at me. "Hey, I'm sorry about this." I walked over to him and then smiled before putting my hand on his cheek. "It's not your fault you got shot." Matt sighed as he grabbed my back and then brought me close to him. "I promised I'd come back to you."

I smiled and nodded before bending down to kiss him softly. "What happened to your shirt?" He looked at me. "They had to cut it off. That and it was covered in blood." I nodded and then went to kiss his forehead. "Where does it hurt?" Matt moved his hand to show the scar on the side of his chest. I then sighed before looking at him. "Here, how about I get on the other side of the bed?" He nodded. "Just curious, where's Matteo?" I looked at him. "I left him with Jay and Erin. They are taking him back to our place."

Matt nodded before feeling me get on the bed. "What happened anyways?" Matt just wrapped his arm around me and sighed. "I am not sure and don't want to think about it. Right now, all I want to think about is not scaring you like this anymore. I'm sorry I didn't take the job at OFI." He turned his head to look at me. I then stopped him from talking. "You are taking more time off to recover from this. This is not the time to talk about it. But yes, you are done in the line of duty."

Matt nodded and then smiled as he turned his head and kissed me softly. "I love you, you know that right?" I nodded and smiled before rubbing his chest. "I love you too." I then moved to kiss him softly when I heard Severide walk in. "Sorry to disturb but, I thought I'd come and see how Matt's doing considering I was on scene when it happened."

I turned to look at him and nodded. "Here, let me go find you a shirt and some sweats Matt. Then, you can get changed. Maybe I can even find out if you can get out of here today or if we need to stay the night. Because if we do, I have to go out for a bit." Matt looked at me when he heard Dr. Rhodes walk in. "Actually guys, we'd like to keep you overnight for observation."