Telling Severide

Matt's POV: As I walked into the bedroom, I grabbed my phone to call Severide. I was going to let him know what's up. After quickly calling him, I was glad he answered while I sat down on our bed. "Hey Man, everything okay? I heard you were at the hospital and Gabby was crying." I sighed when he said that. "I want to tell you something. This is the last time we are talking about this okay?" I took a breath. "We decided not to go forward with the pregnancy."

You could tell Severide was a little shocked. "Woah, that's not what I was expecting. What changed?" I sighed and then decided to be honest with him. "It was too risky. We had to think about Matteo before us wanting another baby. We can find another way to have a baby. Either by adopting or surrogacy. But, Matteo needs his mom more than we need another baby." Severide knew what I was talking about. I had told him about the aneurysm. He was my best friend.

"Woah, what a hard 24 hours for you guys. I mean, finding out you're pregnant and then deciding to end it? Must be hard for Gabby right now." I sighed. "She's taking it hard. And even though it was to save her life, I know she didn't really want to do it. I've always wanted kids, as in multiple but...I want her more. Me having kids is not more important than us being together. So, we are going to just have to find another way to have kids. Just not yet, Matteo is good for now."

Severide agreed with that. "I'll talk to Chief and let him know what's happening. Then, he can tell the firehouse. He'll probably know how to address it because he knows what Gabby felt when you had your first pregnancy end the way it did." I liked that idea. "That's a good idea. But listen, I need to go. Maybe just give us some space right now? We're going through a lot. Gabby just needs me to hold her right now. Matteo's going to Antonio's. Also, no baby talk right now."

Severide agreed once again before letting me go. "Call me if you need to talk. I'm here for you." I smiled when he said that. "Thanks. But right now, I need to be with Gabby. Talk later." With that, I hung up the phone and then put it on my side table. I then got up and walked back out to the living room to say goodbye to Matteo before he left with Antonio so that I could have time alone with Gabby so that we could talk.