Chapter 576

Matt's POV: As I finished giving Matteo a bath and getting him dressed for bed, I made my way back to the bedroom to see that Gabby fell asleep while pumping. Fighting that fire must've really tired her out. I then went to set Matteo down on the bed before going to put Gabby's pump away. I tried to do it without waking her up, unsuccessfully. "What are you doing?"

Gabby just looked at me. I sighed. "You fell asleep. I was going to take it off." She stared at me. "And what, hurt me when you literally tugged the suction cup off my breast?" I hadn't thought about that. Gabby then went to take them off herself before looking at me as she sat up and put lids on the bottles. "Did I fall asleep?" I nodded and went to sit next to her. "You sleep okay?"

Gabby as about to argue but just nodded. "I will feed him and put him to bed. Then, I will join you and either fall asleep or listen to music." Gabby nodded and smiled as she grabbed my hand. "Did I ever tell you how great of a husband and father you are?" I chuckled and smiled as I leaned down to kiss her softly. "I love you." Gabby smiled and nodded as she laid back in bed.

I then got up and walked back over to Matteo who was on the bed. Picking him up in my arms, I smiled as I went to grab the milk. "Can I stay in here or want me outside?" Gabby just looked at me. "I'm awake now. Let's just stay here. You know I like to sleep in your arms." I sighed. "Then can you feed him? I'm going to get some sweats on too if we are staying here."

Gabby nodded and smiled, sitting up in bed a bit before reaching out for Matteo. "Give me my little guy. Then you go take a shower. You stink." I looked at her and nodded. "Still haven't taken once since the fire." Gabby chuckled. "Exactly, now go shower or you're on the couch tonight. And I don't care about your back." I then nodded before going to grab my towel to take a shower.