Chapter 544

Gabby's POV: As I finished updating Antonio on Matteo's new schedule, I heard Matt come out of the bedroom. I just looked at him and saw he was in pain a bit after talking to Severide. "You okay?" He just nodded and sighed. "We'll talk when we are alone okay? Let's just get Antonio on his way with Matteo. Then, we can have supper and relax in bed." I agreed and then turned to look at him, ushering him over to me so that I could comfort him.

He walked over to me like I wanted before wrapping his arm around my waist. I then did the same and cuddled up to him. Matt then smiled at me before kissing my forehead. "Listen, thanks for doing this for us Antonio. Me and Gabby just have to talk about stuff." Antonio nodded and understood. "Take all the time you need. You've just gone through a hard time in a time that was supposed to be so happy. But just know, I'm here for you."

I nodded and smiled at my brother, grabbing his hand before looking at Matteo. "Don't forget his schedule. Just promise you'll stick to it. I need him to be easy on us for a little while." Antonio nodded and agreed. I then moved to kiss Matteo's cheek before smiling at him. "Mommy loves you. Have fun with uncle Antonio." I smiled as he sat in his stroller. Matt then went to shake Antonio's hand. "Call us when you get back to your place? Or at least text us."

I knew why Matt was asking that. He always asked him to do that ever since the accident. I didn't need to worry about that right now. Antonio must've known why and agreed. "Sure thing, I promise to be extra careful when I drive this guy around." I smiled and nodded when he said that. "Give us a call if you need anything from us." Antonio smiled. "Just relax guys and take time for yourselves. I love you and I've got your back."

I nodded and smiled before walking him out of the apartment. Once he walked out, I locked the door and then just stood against it. That was when I lost it. I was putting on a brave face for Antonio and Matteo but now, it was just me and Matt. Matt walked up behind me and then turned me around to face him. Bringing me into his arms, he held me close before kissing my head. "Here, let's go lay down in bed. We can eat later. Right now, you need me." I nodded.

Matt then picked me up in his arms, wrapping my arms and legs around his waist to bring me to bed where we needed to relax right now. I was so glad to be alone with him right now because it's what I needed, time alone with the man I love.