Chapter 500

Meanwhile, at the District:

Jay's POV: As I walk into the District with Erin, I help her up the stairs so that we can walk up to intelligence and get ready for our conversation with Matt at his place. That's when I get a text from Antonio. Erin then stops and looks at me. "Antonio?" I nodded and then went to grab it. "Matt and Gabby are going to stop at the district on their way home. Stay there."

I then sent him a text back. "Ok." I then turned to look at Erin. "Apparently, Matt and Gabby are going to stop here before going home. We'll interrogate them here." Erin nodded and smiled as we made our way up to the office. That's when Hank walked over. "How's the investigation of Matt's assault coming along?" I looked at him. "He's coming in for an interview today."

Erin then added. "I want to be there with him. Gabby is probably going to join Matt. Plus, Antonio can't question them because he is biased." Hank nodded before looking at us. "Erin, you work with Gabby...Jay, work with Matt." I then looked at him, confused. "Why? Erin probably knows the better questions. I mean, she's former FBI and I'm local criminal. Give me Gabby."

Voigt then sighed. "I am giving her Gabby because Matt is going to get frustrated not knowing the answers. Jay, you read that book yet? You know it's much easier to miscarry during the first trimester right? I am doing this for the sake of Erin's pregnancy. Erin, you are interrogating Gabby. That's final." Voigt then walked away to his office.

I sighed and then looked at Erin. She understood and then walked away to her desk to get stuff ready. "Let's at least work on questions together. That way, we can make sure the questions you would want to ask Matt are asked okay?" Erin nodded and liked that idea. "That okay with you Voigt?" Voigt then nodded as he walked into his office.