Chapter 574

Matt's POV: After listening to all the events that Gabby wants to go to...I smile at the idea of seeing her all glammed up. I then go and grab her hand. "Then, I need to ask you a question." Gabby then turned to look at me, a little confused. "Will you be my date to those events?" She smiled and nodded, moving her hand to my face and rubbing it. "Of course."

I smiled at her and leaned over Matteo kiss her. "God, us going to that Puerto Rico fundraiser this year is going to be so different than last year." Gabby nodded as she rubbed my cheek. "I am going to be there as your husband, not your friend-with-benefits." Gabby smiled when I said that. "So, that's what our relationship was when I came back the first time?"

I nodded and smiled. "We could never be just friends with all we've gone through. Oh, and last time I checked...very few friends have seen each other naked." Gabby smiled again. "However, not very many exes are friends after they divorce." I nodded before feeling her hand on my face. She stroked my cheek with her thumb and looked into my eyes.

"If we go though, I say we have a repeat of last year. However this time, I promise to be in your bed with you when we wake up in each other's arms." Gabby liked the sound of that. "Honestly, that's something I've never brought up but wanted to say something to to you about it." I looked at her confused. That's when I felt her slap my face. "How dare you leave me like that?"

I chuckled and smiled at her "I had shift." She smiled when I said that. "I should've stopped by the firehouse one last time anyways." I nodded and couldn't disagree. "I love you." Gabby smiled at me. "I love you too." I then leaned over her and kissed her again before laying down next to her and relaxing. "Want to turn the tv on?" Gabby sighed. "Let's give him a bath first." I nodded and agreed. "I'll go fill it up. Get him ready." Gabby nodded while I got up, ready to give him a bath.