Chapter 486

Antonio's POV: As I walk into Matt's hospital room, I look at him and Gabby to see that they are both worried out of their mind. Unfortunately, I do not come with many answers as to who shot Matt. "How are you doing Matt?" Matt looked at me and sighed. "Antonio, don't worry about me right now. You shouldn't even be here..."

Gabby then turned to look at him and sighed. "Matt..." Matt just looked at her. "Gabby, his son is missing. He should be out there trying to find him." Gabby nodded when I decided to look at Matt. "We found him at the hospital Matt, relax okay? You were on the right track. Had you not been shot, you would've found him 2 minutes later."

Matt then looked at me and then stared at Gabby. "Oh god." Gabby nodded and then put her head on his shoulder. "He with Laura right now?" I nodded. "Getting checked out. But listen, now that he has been found...you concentrate on recovering. How long you out?" Gabby looked at me and sighed. "6 months." That got me worried. "A lot of rehab?"

Matt nodded. "Apparently, the bullet just missed my spine. I'm lucky that I'm not paralyzed." Gabby nodded and I could tell she was worried. I then looked at Matteo. "He staying here tonight?" Matt nodded. "Right now, I just need my family around me. We need to stay for observation." I nodded and walked over to him, putting my hand on his head.

"Listen, you guys need anything...and I mean anything...you give me a call. You guys have earned this time off. And Gabby, you don't let him overwork himself. And you the same for her. She just gave birth like 6 weeks ago. Now, you get shot." Matt nodded and sighed. "We are going to relax now. If you don't mind...we'd also like some time alone. Maybe get some shut eye."

I then looked at the time. "Shit, is it already 7 pm?" Gabby looked at the time too and nodded. "Matt, I need to get him ready for bed. You just stay there." Matt nodded before letting her up. She then walked over to Matteo who was in a crib. "Antonio, can you stay here for a bit while I'm gone? I am going to the washroom to use the changing table."

I nodded. "Sure thing, see you soon." Matt smiled as she walked away before looking at me. "You regretting giving me your blessing with her?"