FaceTime with Christie Part 2

Gabby's POV: After hearing that Matt was talking to his sister on his iPhone FaceTime, I decided that it was time I start fighting my battle with her myself. I needed it before I could even consider letting her back into Matteo's life. While she was his aunt, she still needed to respect me. Walking back into our bedroom, I sat on the bed and looked at her. "So, you proud of yourself?"

She just stared at me. "Gabby..." I sighed and looked at her. "Christie, I'm Matt's wife. We met before! You knew I wasn't an immigrant, my parents are. And regardless of whether or not I was an immigrant, I was here for years before me and Matt started dating, let alone got married! So, don't say it was shock. You knew me, you saw me at his engagement party for him and Hallie."

Christie sighed and looked at me. "Guess I was just in shock, enraged with you." I didn't care about that. "That still didn't make it right for you to say what you did. Matt was in so much pain after you said that, he actually cried. That just made it hurt even more. Hearing my son's aunt...his blood call him illegal was already enough. But, to see my husband cry was horrible."

Christie nodded. "What can I do to get you to forgive me? By the way, nice save in Florida!" I nodded and looked at her. "Well, you can start with a sincere apology?" Christie looked at me. "Gabby, I am so sorry for what I said. It was wrong and it never should've come out of my mouth. Regardless of what I think, you deserved better...you are Matt's wife and Matteo's mother." 

"Damn straight I am!" We both smiled at that. "Listen, what you may not know is...I put my life on the line to give birth to Matteo. That's how much I love your brother. He told you about the aneurysm I assume?" Christie nodded again. "It was why you divorced." I nodded and sighed. "Christie, I want to let you know that we need to talk more about this." Christie smiled. "I agree."

I decided to put an olive branch out for her. "What do you say you and Violet come here for Christmas? We already have plans for thanksgiving unfortunately." Christie nodded. "Of course, I would love that but...think you can come here instead? Honestly, I would rather avoid the Chicago winter." I looked at her, giving her an 'are you serious' look.

"Yes, because I would much rather spend my son's first Christmas in Florida rather than at home." Christie looked at me and knew she screwed up. I just hung up with her and waited for Matt to come back with our food.