110.

"Wishing all my readers a very happy holi."

**Flashback**

Five years ago

"..Nandini.."Manik was growing restless now. "..yaar where are you.."he dialled her number once more. "..what's taking you so long.."

But this time too she didn't picked up.

"..god.."Manik shouted. "..why aren't you picking the call.."

He was about to dial her number once again but before he can do so his cell phone rang.

Manik's eyes widened in horror as he saw the name of the person who was calling..

..Nyonika

"..oh man.."Manik shook his head in disbelief "...Cabir..you were not supposed to let anyone know about my plan...god..you are dead Cabir...I reach home.."

He had no choice than to take the call.

"Maa..Woh.."before he could even say anything more Nyonika yelled at him from the other side of the call "..Manik..what the hell is wrong with you..how can you disappear like this..that too on your own wedding day.."

"Where the hell are you...come back now.."Nyonika ordered.

"..Maa..calm down..I will be back in half an hour okay..no one will even know that I wasn't there.."Manik tried to calm her down.

"Don't tell me you went to meet Nandini.."Manik cringe as Nyonika continued to yell at him. "..don't tell me you are making her leave the premise to be with you..Manik you know you two can't meet each other till your wedding.."

"..Maa.."Manik whined but it had zero effect on Nyonika. "..Manik have you lost your mind..I am sure you have coerced Nandini into all this..haven't you.."

"..my poor girl..god you are such a stubborn monster Manik..do you even realise for a second if anyone sees her leaving the premise or would caught to of you..what impression they would have of her.."

"..when will you grow up Manik. You are blessed to have a life partner like Nandini..who gives into your demand just because she loves you immensely..but you..just take undue advantage of her love..God..seriously sometimes I wonder what that girl had done to deserve a baffoon like you in her life.."

"Maa..will you stop sounding like her Maa..and at least pretend that you like me..as your son.."Manik's tone was full of sarcasm.

"Me and your Dad promised Nandini's Chacha Chachi and her Amms that we will take care of her..and for Raj and Me..Nandini is our daughter..Mr.Malhotra. You will always find me and your father on her side..so stop complaining.."Nyonika's words made him smile.

"..Waise how is she looking.."Nyonika's words took him by surprise for a second but next moment a big smile appear on his face as he now realised that indeed his mother was always on his side.

"..I don't know Maa..I am still waiting for her.."Manik replied looking for any sign of Nandini but unfortunately all his efforts went in vain because Nandini hasn't arrived till now.

"..there are hundreds of people in her house at this moment..just keep patience she will be there soon..and yes..from my side put a kala tikka on her..that would protect her from all the evil eyes.." Nyonika's order only widened his smile. "Aye Aye Captain..anything else..

"Yes..and as soon as you drop Nandini back safely at her premise..drive back home immediately..Me and Cabir will be holding the fort till then..but come soon as you know your father's entire family will be wanting to see you before the baraat leaves as loads of rituals had to be followed.."Nyonika reminded him.

"I will be there soon..Maa.."Manik promised.

"Manik.."Nyonika was about to say something when she stop abruptly however Manik knew what Nyonika wanted to ask.

"Don't worry Maa..he had been taken care off.."Manik's tone changed. "He won't be interfering in our lives anymore..he is a closed chapter...Maa.."

"I know Manik.."Nyonika tried to sound calm but somehow Manik could hear her shaking voice. "..but I am really worried for Nandini.."

"I won't let anything bad happened to Nandini..ever..Maa.."Manik replied "..I would never let him even come close to Nandini or anyone close to me ever..."

"I trust you Manik.."Nyonika sighed. "..but still I am worried..because of him.."

"Don't be Maa..."Manik replied earnestly "..everything would be fine..you just relax and I will take care of everything.."

"Okay.."Nyonika smiled. "Come soon..before Me and Cabir get bombarded with the questions of your absence."

"I will be there soon maa.."Manik nodded. "..bye.."

"Bye beta.."Nyonika replied..

..and the next moment call ended.

Manik was about to call Nandini once again when he heard his name being called out..

"..MANIK.."

He turned around only to see the most beautiful sight right front of his eyes..

..his Nandini is her wedding attire.

Though she hadn't got fully dressed up..

..her make up was minimal.. (which clearly indicated that she left everything in middle just to be with him..)

..but still she looking ethereal.

Their eyes met..

..and whole world stopped..for them.

Without even realising where they were..

..what they were supposed to do or say each other..

...they both got lost into their own world..

..as both their feet began to cover the distance that was between them.

Manik and Nandini were on the either side of the barren road that passed by Nandini's farm house where they were supposed to get married.

Without even paying heeds to anything else their feet began to move towards each other only to stop right in front of each other.

They both so wanted this moment to stop.

..only if.

..they could have checked their surroundings.

..only if..

..they would have looked up to see what was happening around them.

Because if they were not lost into each other's eyes and consumed by each other presence..

..they would have noticed the zooming car that was speeding up every single second and was coming in their direction.

Only if Manik could have noticed it few seconds before he could have seen that Nandini    already pushed him backward throwing him out of the way of the speeding car that she noticed few seconds before him.

..only if...

...they could change the course of their destiny.

..but unfortunately..

..they couldn't.

Because right in front of Manik's eyes that car literally ran over Nandini...

..and all Manik could do was scream
"NANDINIIIIIIIIIII.."

..as Nandini's body lied on the road while her blood was spilled over the road.

Manik ran and picked her up in his arm..

..only to find her smiling at him while she was taking her last few breaths.

"Nandini.."Manik spoke as he tried to pick her up but Nandini didn't let him as she shook her head and said.

"..Manik.." she gulped as she raised her hand and cupped his chin with the last ounce of energy left in her while looking at him with nothing but sheer love in her eyes for him.

"I love you.."

————————————————————————