81.

Pin drop silence.

As if he was back in school again.

He looked at her while she continued to gaze at her food while gulping (YES..Not eating..but gulping) it down in hurry.

He knew exactly what was going inside her head but he chose to keep quiet as he was adamant that she needs to talk to him first.

But of course he was running out of patience with every passing second. She finally finished the food on her plate chasing it down by a glass of milk.

Any second she would be done with her food and will be making a run for her life. (Well that's what she was thinking and he knew that very well.)

So before she could put the glass of her milk back on the table Manik ordered "You all leave as I need to talk to Miss Nandini in respect of some urgent matter."

Her hand stopped in mid air as she looked back at him while the glass was still against her lips.

"Finish your milk then we will talk." Manik put aside his plate and folded his arms against his chest as he looked back at her.

She kept the glass back on the table as she looked anywhere but him "I don't have anything to say to you."

"But I do." He wasn't letting go off the topic that easily and that thought annoyed the hell out of her. "But I don't want to talk to you."

"Why..because you apparently "didn't see anything" is that why you are avoiding me like a plague." He air quoted it making her face turn red. "Why are you such a pervert Manik."

"You are the one who is making such a big deal out of it." His words stumped her. "I am the one who is making a big deal out of it...yeah right."

"Exactly." He smirked.

Her blood begin to boil. "It might be too casual for you to show your.." she closed her eyes while gritting her teeth which only amused Manik even more but he chose to keep his mouth shut as she continued "..whatever to anyone. But I am not used to situations like this or never do have I intention to accustomed to it in the coming future as well so please forgive me Mr. Manik Malhotra but the whole morning incident was too much for me to deal with."

Her expressions melted his heart. He so wanted to kiss her in that moment for her cute and flustered expressions but he knew it would shock her even more and he might end up in hospital so he chose to do something different that would bring her out of the zone of awkwardness. "Have you seen yourself naked."

"What." She was stumped now. "What nonsense are you talking about."

"What WHAT." He raised his eyebrows. "Do you wear clothes during bathing."

"What kind of moronic question is that." She was hell annoyed now.

"That means you have seen yourself naked right. Just like you have seen me or "not seen" me this morning. Am I correct." His words were taking her no where. "So.."

"So my darling Nandini. If you have seen yourself then you have seen me as well because we two might be two bodies but we have the same soul." Her eyes widened in shock as some words resonated in her ears

"..when we have bared our soul to each other then what relevance does these kind of stupid words hold Manik."

"But.."

"No..if and but Manik Malhotra. I am not scared of admitting that I have got physical with you. Do you feel ashamed of it. Do you feel embarrassed in admitting that you slept me."

"Of course not. You are the love of my existence who also happens to be my lawfully legally wedded wife. Why would I feel ashamed or embarrassed of the most beautiful and blissful moments of my life."

"Then why do you care what those people would say. They don't know that we are married yet. And even if we weren't married it's no one's business to interfere in our relationship. Whether we sleep together or not it's no one's business. And soon those people would understand as well that they shouldn't have played this card to begin with."

"I know that but.."

"We might have two bodies Manik but we are one soul. And when we have bared our soul to each other so why should we scared or embarrassed in accepting that we have seen each other's bared bodies. What difference does it make Mr. Malhotra."

"No one can win from you my love. Those people are doomed."

"Well even if they are not we will make sure that they certainly are."

Her eyes got back to Manik as she ended up muttering something that stopped Manik in his track for few seconds "..then we shouldn't be embarrassed in accepting that we have seen each other's bared bodies as well."

Manik looked back at her with a horrified expression "What did you just said.."

The moment he said those words Nandini closed her eyes as her head begin to explode in pain.

"Nandini..." Manik rushed to her immediately. "What's happening are you okay.. Nandini...talk to me...are you okay.."

When she didn't reply he held her close "I am sorry Nandini. I was just teasing you. I had no intentions of hurting you.."

"I know..I know.." she whispered as she hugged him back. Her pain was subsiding as she begin to breathe in and out slowly but steadily "..you can never hurt me.."

"I will always protect you I promise. I am sorry..I am so sorry.." he caressed her back as she slid his hand around his neck while resting her face against his chest. "Don't be sorry because I am not."

She looked up at his face only to whisper something that made him smile "and I still swear that I didn't see anything.."

"I believe you." He winked that made her smile and then pulled her back into his embrace where she went back without any resistance not because she was weak but because she felt as if she was home.

------------------------------------------------------------------