44.

Just like every other day she got dressed and was tying her hair. Taking a glance at her clock she knew she was going to be in trouble if she didn't leave her room in the next five minutes.

Preparations were full on for her roka ceremony with Manik. Days passed in a blur  and now less than 24 hours were left when her relationship with Manik will become official.

Initially only her family and Manik's parents were going to be present as they didn't wanted to go public unless Vikram's issues was sorted with. But both Nandini and Manik felt that their friends need to be around them on their speacial day.

That's why without thinking about the consequences that invited their friends who made sure that the word didn't spread beyond these little group of people.

When the elders came to know about it they didn't raised any objection as well because they knew what important these friends were for Manik and Nandini. Rather they welcomed their presence as all of them together worked in co-ordination as a team and get all the preparation done within the timeline.

Everything was going smooth till now however Nandini was feeling little uneasy. Though she tried to get those negative thoughts out of her mind but somehow she wasn't able to get rid of those uneasy feelings. She could feel the silence before the storm. She didnt shared it with anyone as she didn't wanted to cause unnecessary worry.

But unfortunately today her fear was going to become a reality. Just when she was about to get out of her room she heard some noises coming from below.

Opening the door of her room she stepped out and in matter of seconds she realised that indeed her fear came true as she could hear the voice of Vikram down the hall.

"..how dare you all even imagine that Nandini will take place the position that belonged to my Alia.."She came down to join her family who was getting accused by Vikram at the moment. "..you all thought that you can get your Nandini married to Manik and we won't even come to know about it..how dare you all even dared to betray me.."

Nandini could sense the rage radiating off his body as his life long dream got shattered because of her..so just like she expected Vikram was furious and was here to threaten her family.

"They didn't do anything.."all the head of the room turned and rested on Raj's face who entered the house with Nyonika. "..don't you dare accuse them falsely..keep your tongue in limits Vikram.."

Vikram was shocked beyond measures. His facial expressions clearly gave in that he wasn't expecting the Malhotra's to be present when he was threatening Murthy's.

"How dare you come here Vikram.."Nyonika was raged out beyond measures. "..how dare you even thought of coming here and threatened our family members..stay in your limits Vikram..and back off.."

"..they are family.."Now Vikram was outraged. "..then what about us Nyonika.." he stood in front of her and shouted at the top of his voice "..my Alia was suppose to become your son's wife Mr.Malhotra..your son dated my daughter for ages..he played with her feelings and used her..you all gave him the hope that she will become Manik's bride..and now you all saying that your son will marry someone else..what the hell have you and your son had taken us for..do you think all these years whatever your son did was a joke.." before he could continue Nyonika cut him off