152.

Nandini's eyes finally opened to a light muted environment. She had to immediately close her eyes because even that mute light was too strong for her eyes at the moment which meant she was unconscious for quite a long time now.

She covered her eyes with her hands. After several moments she once again opened it slowly this time. Blinking several times her eyes adjusted to the muted light around her.

She looked around only to find herself on the luxurious bed of Manik's bedroom in Malhotra Mansion.

"How did I get here..." she was stumped because the last thing she remembered she was standing in front of Rajveer on the Mumbai-Bangalore Highway.

She sat up on the bed but her actions only made her dizzy. She took the support of the headboard of the bed and stabled herself on the bed.

Closing her eyes she brought her legs to her chest and then clasping her arms around it she rested her forehead against it to control her dizziness.

After a few moments when she felt a little better that's when she opened her eyes again only to find Manik standing at the doorstep.

"Manik...." was all she could whisper.

Next thing she knew she was in Manik's warm and safe embrace. "Nandini...you are up..."

She wanted to hug her back but Manik's sudden movement made her wince in pain "Ouch.."

"What happened..."Manik immediately left her. "You okay..."

"Yeah...I guess...I am.." she felt bad for saying those words to Manik. "I am sorry I didn't mean to hurt you...but it was hurting me when you hugged me..."

"No...no....no...don't be sorry..." Manik immediately caressed her face. "You injured your chest and waist when you got unconscious. I am so sorry I should have taken proper precautions. It's all my fault that I caused you pain..."

She shook her head "It's okay Manik. I am fine now.." she looked disoriented "But how am I here...what happened...what happened to Rajveer...is everyone okay..."

"Rajveer is no more Nandini..." Manik caressed her hair this time. "He got shot by police. He died on the spot."

"What..." Nandini didn't know what to feel. "And what about the Chopra's.."

"They too got caught Nandini. They will rot in jail for the rest of their lives. Dad, chacha and Amms had made sure of that."
Manik smiled which made her smile. "Police has all the required evidence against them. Now the Chopra's are officially out of the picture."

"That means our plan worked.." Nandini was smiling as well Manik wasn't anymore when he replied "Yeah...your stupid plan finally worked. Congratulations.."

Nandini's face turn grim because she knew exactly what Manik was referring to "I am sorry Manik. I had to do this. We needed to close this chapter once and for all Manik. So I was left with no other choice."

"Didn't I tell you that risking your life wasn't an option? But you again did that. The plan was to get Rajveer arrested not to get him encountered by Police. You were supposed to bide time just enough so that Police could arrest him but you changed the plan altogether. You told him that you remembered everything. You provoked him because you wanted him to attack you so that the Policemen could take him down forever. But what if things would have gone wrong Nandini? What if like the last time you would have got hurt? Do you have any idea what it could have done to us? When you became unconscious I again died a zillion times. However, when I saw that you weren't injured anymore that's when I knew you passed out due to exhaustion and stress. You were unconscious for more than 24 hours Nandini. Do you know what I went through in these last 24 hours?"

"I am sorry Manik. I am extremely sorry. " She held his hands. "I know what did I was dangerous but I couldn't let Rajveer ruin our happiness again. You can punish me for my wrongdoing and I will happily accept it. But please don't get angry anymore. Please Manik...please."

"Of course, I will punish you. You need to be taught a lesson for your great acts like this." Manik scolded her.

"I will happily accept it." Nandini hugged him this time. "And see we did it Manik. We finally got rid of Chopra's. We took our revenge. We finally got our happily ever after."

"Yes we did.." Manik smiled as he gently hugged her back. "We did it together. We won Nandini. We won..."

Breaking the hug he kissed her forehead "This is the beginning of happily ever after Nandini. You, I, Aarav, our families and our friends- all together."

She nodded while she held his hand. "Let's live our fairytale to the fullest extent Manik."

"We will.." Manik promised.

"And one more thing..." something changed in Nandini's eyes. "Promise me that you will always show me heaven as you did during our Haldi, Mehandi and Sangeet ceremony. You will never let that fade away between us."

Manik's facial expression changed as he realised "You mean you..."

"I remember everything now." Nandini smiled. "Our very first meet as a child, our first meet as a grown-up, our first kiss, our fights, our confession, our Seychelles wedding, our minimoon during our wedding rituals...everything. I got my memories back Manik. And that makes me love you even more..."

Manik couldn't stop herself from kissing her "Welcome back Nandini...welcome back my love..."

"Thanks, Manik." Nandini replied "Thank you so much for waiting for me. Thank you so much for everything."

They hugged again as they both finally got their happily ever.

------------------------------------------------------------------