18.

"..did you hear bhai.."Alia sat next to Aryaman. "..Manik..THE MANIK MALHOTRA..went to Navya's workplace and apologised.."she smiled. "..my goodness.."she shook her head in disbelief "..never in my wildest dream had I imagined this.."

"Yeah..I did.."Aryaman's tone caught her attention. "What happened bhai..are you okay.."

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you the same question.."Aryaman questioned Alia. "..Alia aren't you for one second worried that you might end up loosing him.."

"What.."Alia frowned. "..have you lost your mind bhai...Kya bol rahe ho..kya ho gaya hai aapko.."

"Manik did all this for Nandini.."Aryaman finally said the words out loud. "..can't you see this..and instead of getting worried..you are dancing with joy."

"So what do you expect me to do bhai.."Alia spat back at him. "..do you expect me to become insecure and stop trusting Manik..what do you think i would do.. something like sending goons after Nandini to scare her and make her leave Mumbai and Manik's life..don't you know me at all bhai.."

"I am not.."before Aryaman could finish his sentence Alia cut him off. "..seriously bhai what's wrong with you..weren't you the one who almost cut ties with Manik because he acted like a complete moron with Navya and Nandini..and now when he is changing for good you are saying all this nonsense..shouldn't you be happy that Manik is changing for better..then where all this is coming from."

"Nandini is the reason why Manik is doing all this Alia.."Aryaman stated the fact to which Alia reverted. "..Yes..I know..and that's why we should be thankful to her for that for rest of the eternity..shouldn't we.."

"Alia why are you acting so dumb..can't you understand what I am referring to.."Aryaman was pissed beyond measure. "..contrary to your belief I am understanding every single thing Bhai..but unfortunately contrary to my belief you still don't understand Manik at all.."

"He might leave you for Nandini..Alia.."Aryaman shook his head. "..he will end up hurting you.."

"Manik can never hurt me bhai.."Alia declared. "..unlike you..I trust him with my life..and please don't take your personal frustration out on Manik and my relationship.."

"You are going to regret this Alia..that day is not far when your trust will be broken into pieces." Aryaman was about to say something more but Alia's cell rang. Picking up the call he sweetly said "..hey baby..we were just talking about you.."

Aryaman sighed as Alia continued to speak "..right now.."she looked at her watch. "..yeah I will be down in a minute...yup.."
saying this she disconnected the call. "Manik is here..I am going out on a date with him..he has already spoken to Maa and Dad and they have granted the permission for nightout..I will see you tomorrow."

Alia's words shocked Aryaman. "He will be spending the night with you.."

"Don't make it sound so cheap bhai.."Alia was annoyed now. "..Manik might be a brat but he knows where to draw the line..so keep all the dirty thoughts out of your mind..and yes..I hope when I return in the morning..all your creepy thoughts about Manik would be gone as well.."

Alia gave a meaningful look to him and walked out of the room.

Though Aryaman didn't say anything to Alia but deep down somehow he could feel that something was wrong somewhere.

"What's going on Alia.."Aryaman frowned for a second and then moving ahead he slid the glass door away and stepped out in the balcony. Looking down he spotted Manik's car instantly. "..why is this revelation not bothering you..how can you take this thing so lightly."