36.

"So what are going to do now.."she frowned. "..is aunty okay.."

"She will be.."he was determined. "..me and Alia will make sure of it.."

"I don't know what to say.."she sighed as she slumped on the couch.

He sat next to her and held her hands "..you don't need to say anything..and most importantly.."he placed his hands on her head and caressed it gently "..don't you dare blame yourself for the mess that is created by my father.."

She sighed as once again without even saying he understood exactly what was going her head but this time she chose not to deny it and share her mind with him "..if it wasn't for me..things might not have turned out so badly.."

"If it wasn't for you Ms.Murthy..things would have turned to be epic disaster in the longer run and then it would have been too late for us to find a way out of it.."he held her hands firmly. "..to be honest we as her children should have taken this stand for our mother a long time back but unfortunately back then we didn't had the courage or willingness to do anything about the whole situation.."

"..had we been better children our mother wouldn't have to face the mess that she did all these years..but back then we were too scared to do anything.."he shook his head and then looked at her "..if you haven't stepped into our lives me and Alia would have never realised the  true meaning of love and togetherness.."

"Dhruv and Soha are standing with us like rock..they are supporting us at times when we have no one else but them..they didn't abandon us..rather they became our strength because of which me and my sister are able to not only deal with the situation but also emerge out of it as a winner.." his words made her smile "..that's what Amms always says..that true love always makes you stronger..and stays with you at times when your shadow abandon you due to darkness..and shows you the right path by shining like a bright star in the sky of your life.."

"..she is your Amms..after all.."he smiled back "..how can she be wrong.."

"Correct.."she grinned. "..so did you speak to Dhruv.."she raised her eyebrows "..do you approve of him.."

"Well truth to be told.."he sighed "..I am really relieved that Alia fell in love with a guy like Dhruv rather than Manik.."he instantly looked at Nandini and added "..no offence.."

"None taken.."she replied much to his relief so he continued "..Manik is my best friend..in fact he is like my brother..but somehow I could never see him as a perfect match for Alia..the only reason I never said anything was because I only wanted Alia's happiness and not to forget I was too scared to face my father's wrath by expressing my displeasure about whole Manik-Alia dating thing. Initially I used to think that I will grow use to it but somehow I couldn't.."

"..that I know.."she pointed out. "..I still remember how you warned me and indirectly asked me to back off.."

"Sorry for that.."he was embarrassed "..it's just I was only looking out for my sister..because I could clearly see the changes in Manik that was clearly because of you.."

"..I thought I knew Manik..but now when I look back it seems that I hardly knew anything about him. He in real was more like a close island who didn't allowed people to even realise what was actually happening in his life. He himself was alone and had no complaint from him friends as he continued to help them because he was happy as long as he could protect them. He thought he didn't wanted anything more..but of course he hadn't met you back then.."

"..the moment he laid eyes on you..his entire world changed..though you two started off on a very bad note but you managed to affect him in a way like no one else..which of course didn't went unnoticed by my father as well.."