119 A.

**FOUR YEARS AGO**

Nyonika held on to Manik's hand as they both witnessed Raj and Kishori's argument.

"I won't allow him anywhere near my grandson." Raj was on fire. "How can you even think to separate a newborn from his mother."

"Manik is the father of your grandson Mr Raj Malhotra" Kishori was in no mood to back off "..and in case you have forgotten he also happened to be the husband of my granddaughter."

"Nandini is my daughter Amma. She has nothing to do with Manik anymore because I have no connection with your son-in-law.." Raj was losing it but it only made Kishori angrier "..who also happens to be your son"

"He is not my son." Raj declared.

Kishori replied "..just because you are angry doesn't mean your words will change the fact. We all know what Nandini mean to you but what happened with Nandini wasn't Manik's fault. And I will not allow you to snatch his right over his child because of your so-called prejudices."

"Of course...how can I forget that..." Raj replied through gritted teeth "...that how conveniently he chose to let go off Nandini and let her life hung in balance because of his selfishness."

"Nandini wanted that Raj." Kishori reminded him but in vain.

"Yeah right.." Raj snorted.

"You don't blame that innocent child for Nandini's condition do you." Kishori's words made him even angrier "What have you taken me for Amma? Aarav is my grandson. I love him more than my life. He is Nandini's wish and part of her body and soul. He is a precious little innocent angel. He is not to be blamed for the actions of that SON OF A B*TCH -- Rajveer and your so-called son-in-law "Manik's" horrendous acts and decision."

"Nandini gave birth to Aarav couple of weeks ago in the most critical condition. However, by some miracle both the mother and child were safe. And now Nandini is recovering too. Her internal injuries are healing quite fast and the doctors have kept her in artificial comatose so that her brain could feel properly and faster. Soon she will be awake too." Raj was relieved for a moment only to get hyper the next moment "..but that doesn't mean Mr Manik Malhotra would waltz back into Nandini's life as if nothing happened"

"I won't allow him anywhere near Nandini anymore." Raj's words were firm.

"We will cross that bridge when the time will come." Kishori chose to avoid the discussion because she didn't want to anger Raj anymore than he already was. So to make sure that the topic doesn't get deviated anymore she straight away ordered "Manik will take care of Aarav till Nandini get well enough to take care of her son. Once she gets to hear both sides of the story she will be the one to decide whether she wants to stay with Manik or not."

When Raj didn't say anything Kishori continued "..if Nandini chose to leave Manik that Manik will hand over Aarav to her and I will see to it that he never interfere with Nandini and Aarav's life again. But if she chooses to be with Manik then I will make sure that no one separate Manik and Nandini again..including you."

"Till the time Nandini get well Manik will take care of Aarav. An infant needs both his parents. Since Nandini isn't around we can't deprive Aarav of fatherly love and care." Kishori could see that Raj was about to argue so she added "..don't deprive  Aarav right  to get his father's, unconditional love."

"I don't trust him anymore Amma." Raj simply stated.

"You have to." Kishori promised, "We will be around them 24x7 and I will see to it that my great grandson is safe and secure in absence of his mother for the time being."

"You will return Aarav to Nandini once she becomes stable and regain her strength." Raj wanted assurance to which Kishori replied "..you have my words on that. I am her grandmother too. How can I let my Kanna suffer Raj."

"Fine" Raj finally gave in. "But I want Aarav's full report like 24x7..365 days. And if anything happened to him because of Manik I will kill him with my bare hand. That's my promise too."

Raj was upset but he couldn't say anything because deep down he knew Kishori was correct so he simply walked away in rage but not before glaring at Manik with eyes full of hatred.

"Manik..don't get sad because of Raj" Nyonika patted his head. "He is angry at the moment. We all know how much he loves Nandini. And now even Aarav is added to his list of most favourite person so that's why he is so raged out."

Manik simply smiled "I know Maa." He looked at her "..and I deserve this hatred"

"No, you don't.." This time Kishori spoke. "Stop cursing yourself Manik. You have a long battle ahead and you have to take care of Aarav.."

This time Nyonika added, "..who is impatiently waiting for his father to take in his arms."

Manik's whole demeanour changed in an instant "Can I see him now."

"Yes.." both Nyonika and Kishori replied together. "..because your purgatory is over now."

Nyonika took his hand and lead the way "..come with us.."

And finally, Manik got the opportunity to see and held his son in his arms..while waiting for Nandini who was still peacefully sleeping in her state of comatose.

------------------------------------------------------------------