122.

(These scenes are to be read after Chapter 119)

Stars aren't just to guide you. They are there to remind you that sooner or later you will join them as stars too.

Manik placed the flowers as he and Nandini bowed in front of them with folded hands. "Amma-Appa...here she is.." he caressed her hair "..safe and sound...just like I promised."

Nandini was in tears as she looked from Manik to the gravestones of her parents and then back at Manik. "I love you Manik...thank you for looking after my parents in my absence.."

He kissed her forehead "..well you took care of my parents so I had to take care of your parents because even I needed my parents' blessing and support to help me go through that horrendous time that I lived without you." His eyes were filled with reverence as he looked back at her Amma-Appa's tombstone. "..and honestly I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have them to guide and support me."

"I am sorry Manik..." she looked back at her parents too "I am sorry Amma-Appa. I didn't mean to hurt anyone but I ended up becoming the cause of everyone's heartache." She held Manik's hand "..if it wasn't for me RV would have never done all this.."

Manik instantly covered her mouth with his hand "Don't ever say that." He shook his hand "Chopra's and their son are solely responsible for everything we went through. Don't even think of taking the blame on yourself let alone believing it."

"But Manik it was simply because of my carelessness he almost killed you that day." She shivered to make him grit his teeth. "NANDINI. DON'T "

She shook her head "Let me say it Manik. You have no idea what I felt when I saw that speeding car approaching you. I died gazillion death every second in those few moments."

"And I died every second for the remaining five years when you almost died for REAL Nandini." Manik's eyes teared up in rage. "You know how I felt when you threw yourself in front of the car by pushing me away. I died every moment Nandini...when I held you while screaming for help..I..I.."

Nandini hugged him. "Manik..." she caressed his back as he spoke "I can't put the feelings in words to explain what I went through in those moments. I never felt so helpless Nandini...Never.."

Both Nandini and Manik knew that this was going to be a long night as they both will finally let the ghost of their past out from their closet.

------------------------------------------------------------------

**Next few chapters will be clearing the picture of Manik and Nandini's life in past 5 years along with moving ahead to the point where Aarav meets with an accident.

After then the final track will begin which will take another 12-15 chapters.

So yes we have officially entered the last phase of the story.

Hold on guys..we are almost there.

Love you all.
❤Sam**