49.

"..this is so stunning yaar." Alia chirped. "..I am so sure Nandini is going to love it.." Manik caressed her hair "..you think so.."

"I know so.."happiness was visible on her face. "..just look at this..I mean it's gorgeous.."

Manik didn't say anything which disturbed Alia more than it should have

Manik didn't say anything which disturbed Alia more than it should have. "What is it Manik..why are you looking so distracted..dhyan kaha hai tumhara.."

Shaking his head he took the ring from her hand. "Nothing.." biting his lower lips (which was clearly an apprehensive gesture) he extended the ring back to the salesperson. "Pack this one please.."

"Okay sir.."one could see the excitement in the eyes of the salesperson who had managed to close the biggest seal of the day as he took the ring along with him to get it's billing done.

"Manik.."Alia held his hand "..what is it.."

Turning to look at her Manik finally spoke "how's your Dad doing..did he tried contacting anyone of you.."

Almost instantly Alia understood what was bothering him that's why she said something in response that wasn't the answer to the question that he asked but actually was the answer to the question that he wanted to ask but didn't had the heart to do so "We won't let him harm Nandini..Manik..no matter what.."

"I know that.."finally Manik was relived as his concern about Nandini didn't offended Alia a bit. Keeping both the hands on her shoulder Manik continued "..but its not only Nandini I am worried about..it includes your and Aryaman's happiness as well.."

"He wont dare to cross us Manik.."Alia replied. "I know that..but somehow I can't get this nagging feeling off my mind..as if he isn't going to back off that easily.."

"But you said na that he isn't doing anything suspicious. We could have helped but he haven't return home since the time you declared your "roka ceremony" in front of the media. We haven't even spoken to him let alone meeting him. We too are getting information about him through you only."Alia tried to comfort him. "Continue keeping an eye on him..this time if he even tried anything we will take him down.."

"I know he won't give in so easily Alia.."Manik stated as a matter of fact. "..I am just scared he might cause irrevocable damage to us and someone we love might end up getting hurt or even worse.."

"He had done enough damage Manik We won't let him do anything to anyone we love Manik. He had committed enough crimes because of which Maa suffered the most Earlier we were scared and acted too cowardly because of which he continued his torment on Maa..but now not anymore. Back then we couldn't protect Maa but now thanks to you and your parents he won't come anywhere near Maa ever again.."

"How is she.."Manik was concerned now. "..is she okay.."

"A woman who was raped by the her lover and got forcibly married to him as she was pregnant with her first child..only to live a life of harassment where she couldn't do anything as she knew he would harm his own kids for selfish reason..leading to live a life full of domestic violence only to keep a smiling face for rest of the world just to show the world how happy she was..when in reality she was living a nightmare from past 25 years..can never be okay Manik.."tear pooled at the corner of her eyes "..I feel so terrible Manik..just by thinking what she must have to endure because of us.."shaking her head she finally smiled "but thanks to you..she will at least get some peace for her remaining life.."

"Of course she will.."he wiped away her tears "..you and Aryaman are there for her na..and now Soha and Dhruv are also there to protect her. And we all are with her as well..she will be fine soon."

"She is scarred Manik..but she is a fighter Manik..and just like you said...with our support,love and care we will heal her.."finally she smiled. "I so wish Nandini Murthy would have walked in your life before..we all would have got our happiness way back.."

"Here she goes again.."Manik rolled his eyes "kaam mai karu aur credit Nandini ko..wah..seriously Alia when will you stop fangirling her.."

"Not in this life atleast..that's for sure.."she winked making him shook his head in amusement. "..agar ladka hoti mai to Nandini ko kabka bhaga ke le jati.."her words choked Manik. "Enough Alia..stop with your "saheliyana" okay..she is my fiance now.."

"Well technically you haven't proposed to her yet..so she isn't your fiance as of now.."she reminded him.

"I know yaar.."he sighed making Alia smile "so did you plan everything.."

"I am in mess yaar.."Manik finally confessed his biggest worry "..I thought I had it cover but it seems soon I am going to get thrashed by Nandini and her "raudra roop" because of lack of my incompetence." He covered his face as he was too embarrassed to go on.

"Relax Manik.."Alia ruffled his hair "..you have it cover..just follow your heart and tell her what you exactly feel for her. And knowing Nandini you will pass with flying colours as all she need is you and you only."

His facial expressions changed instantly and looking at him Alia knew that finally Manik had got the answer to his question. "I know you know what to do next..so just go ahead and give her the "best proposal ever"..Manik Malhotra style."

"First you give me a hug in Alia Khurrana style.."saying this he embraced her. "Thank you sweetheart..I don't know what I would do without you.."

"I am not doing this for free my dear..next month even I am getting married so tab you can return the favour okay.."her words make him smile. Breaking the hug he kissed her forehead "..Deal.."

"Let's go now..we need to get something for Soha as well.."Alia reminded him. "We can't leave everything on Aryaman..he will mess up like always.."

"True.."Manik nodded. Looking back at the salesperson Manik said "is the order ready.."
to which the salesperson replied "..yes sir.."

Taking the ring from the counter Manik paid the bill and than tagging Alia along he left the place to get something for Soha on Alia's insistence.

As soon as the Manik drove the car away a man who was keeping a close watch on him stepped out .Taking his phone out he dialled a number "Sir..he left from this place with your daughter.."

"Keep an eye on him..and tell me every small detail of his day to day activity.."the person from the other end ordered.

"Yes Sir.."the call got disconnected.

On the other end the person couldn't stop smiling as he put the phone on the table and slumped on the couch.  "You think by making someone keeping an eye on me you can stop me from creating havoc in your life Mr.Malhotra...then you don't know me at all. Just wait and watch Manik..I will take every happiness from you just like the way you snatched my happiness and family away. You will regret messing with me for the rest of your life Manik..that's my promise to you."

------------------------------------------------------------------

**Next Chapter will be posted after 700+votes.**

**Thank you all for your warm wishes and for making my birthday so special.

And sorry for being late in posting the update.

I have been trying since yesterday but wasn't able to post it. Anyways since now it's posted enjoy.🙏**

**See you all soon**

**God bless**