40.

{ Warning : Slight Mature Content ahead }

"Chachi.."Nandini whined all over again. "..yeh sab karna zaruri hai kya..I mean..I have so many good clothes..then what's the need of all this.." Shanno rolled her eyes for the zillionth time. "..Hey babaji..what should I do with this girl..duniya bhar ki ladkiya shopping karne ko tarasti hai..and dusari taraf yeh madam hai..who is throwing tantrum to buy new clothes for one of her biggest day.."

"Chachi..it's my roka ceremony only...that will take place in front of my chotu family that has you, Chacha,Rishabh and Amms and Manik's parents..then itni expensive dress ki kya zarurat..We will shop your heart content when Manik and I will get "officially engaged"..in front of the whole world..but as of now..cant we just keep it simple." Nandini tried her best to reason with Shanno but unfortunately it wasn't her day.

"We are keeping it simple..isiliye Nandu we are just buying one dress for you..otherwise you seriously think that Amma and I would have let you off the hook so easily..since we know that the situation is really complicated that's why we have agreed to keep the "roka ceremony" between both the families. However you are our only daughter..how can you expect that we won't wish to see you becoming the world's most beautiful bride..we know that we can't declare your marriage with Manik at this point in front of the world..but that doesn't mean we would let our wishes put on hold. We have waited for this day since ages Nandu..so whether you like it or not..you have to meet mine and Amma's demand.."Shanno's words made Nandini speechless.

She might not be Nandini's birth mother..but she didn't mean any less than her mother for Nandini. Shanno was Nandini's mother that Nandini had wilfully and happily accepted a long time back.

That's why without any hesitation Nandini turned to look at the salesperson and ordered "..since my mother is in complete mood to spoil me so I won't hold back either and would happily let her to do..so bhaiya give me that red colour lehaga choli.."

Shanno's eyes shined with happiness as Nandini asked "where is the changing room bhaiya

Shanno's eyes shined with happiness as Nandini asked "where is the changing room bhaiya.."

"That way Mam.."the salesperson pointed towards the changing section of the designer showroom.

Nandini nodded. "Thank you bhaiya." then looking at Shanno she got up taking the dress in her hand. "..chachi I will be back..agar aapko koi dress pasand aaye toh batana.." to which Shanno nodded positively  and then she turned to look back at salesman "..bhaiya aap aur dresses dikhao meri Nandu ke liye.."

Nandini smiled as she walked towards the changing room but before she could step in the lights of the boutique went off. "Aiyappa yeh kya hua.."

"Mam..bas ek minute..generator will be on and light will be back in no time..kindly wait where you are.."the salesperson instructed in the dark.