35.

"..at least listen to me..yaar.."he ran after her. "..Nandini.."

"You didn't say anything when it was time so now don't waste your precious time in giving explanations that I am not at all interested to hear.."she continued walking "..go back to your pretentious date with Alia..and stop annoying me.."

"..even after knowing everything you are saying all this.."his words stopped her. "..I thought at least now.."

..but before he could finish his sentence she cut him off "..Now What Manik Malhotra.."
She folded her arms across her chest "..what did you thought that I will dashed into your arms and will make out for hours leading to passionate love making between us..hain na.."

He looked away as he sighed. "..I wasn't thinking that far.." to which she replied "..oh just shut up.."making him jump "..this doesn't change anything between us Manik..get this thing into that thick brain of yours.."

"..but you just said.."Manik was cut off once again. "..I said I will help Alia and Dhruv out..I don't remember mentioning anything about us..because there is no "US"..Mr.Manik Malhotra.."

Manik cringed as Nandini continued "..you have messed it up big time Manik..I don't think I can trust you.."

"Nandini..I know I have messed up big time but don't you think I deserve one chance to rectify my mistake.."Manik finally stood in front of her. "..I know..har baar ki tarah you are right this time as well..aur main galat..but ek chance to banta hai na Nandini mujhe milna..I promise mai sab theek kar dunga.."

"Kaise karoge.."this time Nandini's apprehensiveness was visible on her face. "..aur jhoot bolkar.."

"Sab ka toh pata nahi.."Manik cupped her face and looked straight into her eyes "..but I promise main tumse kabhi jhoot nahi bolunga.."

She could feel the sincerity in his eyes but his intensity made her look down "..Manik..I.."

"Shhhhh.."he placed his thumb gently on her lips. "..you know what I feel for you..don't you.."

She didn't reply but her silence made him smile "..you know that I like you..in fact you know that I.." she instantly looked up at him which made him stop in his track. "..Manik.."

But this time he didnt let her continue "..you can stop me from saying it Nandini..but you can't stop me from feeling it.." she once again looked away as he continued "..so I am just asking you to let me be.."

His words caught her attention so once again she looked up at him with questionable eyes which only made his grin grew wider.

"As much as I respect you..I am asking you to respect me..in other words..so that i can like you..I am asking you to let me be.."

Her eyes widened in shock as Manik's words continued to touch her soul "..I won't give you hard time. I won't even disturb your comfortable life. Just like living like this..when you suddenly feel like it..at that time return your feelings to me.."

"Accept me then.."

Nandini heart skipped a beat as he finished his sentence. "So take your time coming to me..as I will wait for you..till the end of time Nandini Murthy.."

He leaned in closer and whisper in her ears. "Nandini..breathe.."

"Huh.."she frowned but next moment she realised that her face has turned pale as she had forgotten to breathe. "..oh.." and then she blew out the air that she had been holding in and begin to breath in normally once again.