104.

He was looking at Kishori who finally closed the file and kept it on the table in front of them. She looked at Manik. "How long have you known.."

"I don't know anything for sure till now Amms..but I do have my doubts." Manik confessed.

"Your father is too good." Kishori shook her head. "He actually did what he said he would."

Manik smiled as he sat on the floor near her feet and put his head against her knee. "Your grandchild is no less."

"I can't believe this." Kishori caressed his hair. "Though these reports doesn't say that she had regain her memories completely but this file clearly shows that she knows everything."

"This is a possibility Amms. We can't say this for sure." Manik like always tried to defend her. "But I won't lie I did had my doubts for a while now."

"But then too you didn't confronted her." Kishori wasn't surprised. "Don't you feel betrayed."

"I do Amms." Manik looked up. "But I am only thinking that what might be the reason as to why she did all this. There must be some reason behind her action which she isn't sharing with me and that's what bothering me."

"You are impossible Manik. You are still looking excuses for Nandini." Kishori snorted. "Even after knowing everything she is pretending as if she doesn't know us. She stayed away from us, you, Aarav and everyone else and made us believe that she did so because she doesn't remember us and now when you know that's not the case you are still defending her."

"She is my wife Amms. How can I not trust her." Manik held both her hands. "Nandini had went through a lot. She almost died because of us. And you and I both know how much Aarav meant to her even when he wasn't born. She isn't someone to betray Amms. She is an angel. Our Angel. She had always made us smile and brought joy to our heart. If she is pretending than it clearly means she is doing this to protect us. But from what this is what I have to find out."

"My Nandu is blessed to have you in her life Manik. I am so relieved that you two got your way back to each other though I am still mad at Nandini for hiding things but I can't hold it against her because my kanna already went through so many things all by herself. She loves you and Aarav. And I agree with you that she must be doing this for us all. I am still angry on her but I am too happy to even acknowledge that." Kishori smiled and Manik hugged her.

"We can't share this news with anyone Amms because we don't have enough proof to confront Dad or Nandini. So let's just keep it a secret between us only." Manik pointed out. "I am not telling Maa also because Dad is too shrewd and will know that we know that he and Nandini are hiding something from us."

"Raj is impossible." Kishori rolled her eyes. "Let everything get back to normal he will be the first one whom I will beat up."

Kishori's words were resonating in Manik's ears which made him smile. But soon he got back to the real world as he found his favorite pair of arms snaking around his waist. "Nandini."

He smiled as she kissed him in the middle of his back over his white shirt. "Who else it could be Mr.Malhotra."

He turned around and took her into his embrace. Nandini too got so close to him that she could literally hear his heartbeat."Wow...your heart is beating so fast." She looked up at him. "Are you that happy to have me in your embrace."

Manik kissed the top of her head and simply took her back into his embrace more tightly this time. "You can't even imagine the level of my happiness."

"Am I that special." She questioned to which he replied "..is that even a question."

"Manik..can I ask you something.." she looked back at him. "Anything...anytime..you know that..don't you." Manik pulled her chin up and kissed her lips for a brief moment.