15.

"..koi mar gaya hai kya.."he finally asked while he continued to drive the car. "..usually you are not at all silent..par aaj maun vrat liya hai kya..no comeback..no taunts..nothing.."

She rolled her eyes and then closing it she rested her head against the head stand of the her seat..trying her best to avoid the words of the person who was sitting right next to her.

When she didn't say anything Manik asked her the question that literally made her eyes snapped open in shock only to gawk back at him. "..will you stop your "Manik ignoring aandolan" if I apologised to Navya in front of everyone."

"You will do what.."she couldn't believe her ear for a second so Manik repeated it again "..I said I will apologise to Navya in front of everyone just like I made mockery of her in front of everyone..will you stop ignoring me then..".

She literally put a finger in her right ear to make sure it's not blocked and she heard everything correctly. "I must be sleeping..that's why I dreaming this whole scenario..because there is no freaking way there is any other way that this could be happening for real.."she shook her head. "..okay this is indeed a dream..yes..that's the only logical explanation.."

Her words annoyed him so much that he couldn't hold it back anymore. So extending his hand he pinched her forearm with full force making her yelp. "Ouch.."she slapped his hand. "Are you nuts..kya kar rahe ho.."she rubbed it as it was paining too badly. "Oww..mumma.."

"I am just clearing hourly doubts.."he smiled too sweetly. "..you were confusing facts with reality..so i just proved that you are not dreaming..everything that you just heard is for real.."he shook his head. "..you are so thankless instead of saying thank you to me you are calling me 'nuts'..like seriously."

"Oh just stop it.."she glare at him. "..acting all cute and innocent doesn't suit your monstrous personality Mr.Malhotra..apologise and you..do you think I would believe that you are actually sorry for your barbaric act..do you think I am such a big fool that I will fall for your lie.."

Manik stopped the car abruptly making her scream once again. "What the hell..Why did you stop the car..we will get late for the meeting.."

"Why do you think everything I say is a lie.."he didn't paid any heed to her words. "..here I am trying my best to rectify my mistake..but you are hell bent on proving that it's all a drama.."

"Really Manik.."She revert back too sternly. "How can you even expect me to believe you after what you did. Actually I am failing to understand why are you wasting your time in such pretence at first place when you and I both know you can never change.."

"Yes.."he scowled. "..I can never change..but I can always rectify my mistake and end up becoming a better person. But unfortunately by not trusting me you are hurting my efforts.."

"..that's exactly my question Mr.Malhotra..why are you even trying. Why are you even wasting your time in putting up pretence that we both know will yield no fruits.." Nandini questioned to which Manik replied "..how are you so sure that I am pretending..do you know me so well that you can tell the difference and tell when I am faking and when I ain't..are you an expert who had done PhD on me and had written a thesis on me..or something.."

"Self obsessed people like you don't give a damn about any one..so expecting anything else would be sheer foolishness. I don't need to be an expert to understand what's going on in your mind. You simply want to create trouble as I have dodged your humilation every single time..and once you succeed in your effort you would again return being the real jerk that you are.."Nandini declared.

"..your words clearly shows that you know nothing about me.."Manik snorted. "..I know I did a blunder..and now I will try my best not only to rectify it but also to do my best not to let myself repeate this kind of thing ever. But unfortunately even you are suffering from the disease of being "judgemental" where without even giving the person an opportunity to speak or prove his point you are simply passing a judgement on your preconceived notions. I guess even you are no different than me in humiliating other person.."

"What's wrong with you Mr.Malhotra.."she snorted as well. "..how did all of a sudden you ended up becoming a saint at first place..and honestly why does it matter to you what I think about you at first place. Who the hell am I to you..that you are even ready to change your attitude towards other people..why are you even trying.."

"At least i am trying.."he spat right back at her. "..unlike you who is only interested in living her own delusional world.."

"Delusion and me.."she was furious now. "..and what you..antaryami and sadhu admi.."

"I never claimed to be a saint like you Ms.Murthy that's not my style. Unlike your beliefs if I say something I mean it..and if I am saying that I will apologise to Navya and will never repeat this mistake again..so I won't do it..ever." for the first time Nandini didn't say anything as she could clearly see in his eyes that Manik meant every word that he just spoke.

She simply looked away as for the first time she was finding it difficult to be around him and looking straight into his eyes without feeling something weird in her stomach. "..we are getting late..let's go.."

Sighing Manik restart the car and begin to drive. Nandini was looking ahead and so was Manik but somehow still he could hear her unasked question so he replied honestly without looking at her direction.

"..I don't know why am I doing all this..in fact why did I even came to attend this meeting I am still confused and looking for answer..but all I know is that I have to be here..right next to you..no matter what."

Though she didn't say anything but his words were enough to raise the speed of her heart beat.

Manik's answer was though incomplete but somehow for Nandini it was more satisfactory than any fully answered question can be..

..because it was still inconsequential but the change had marked it's entry in both their lives.

------------------------------------------------------------------

**FYI : Manik isn't pretending🙏🙏

First moment is about to bhappen..

..are my readers ready for it 😜**