BONUS CHAPTER 6 : The Haldi Ceremony

The haldi ceremony of Nandini and Manik was one of the most beautiful events that their families had ever seen. The couple had chosen the beautiful backyard of the Malhotra farmhouse, which was now decorated with marigold flowers, twinkling fairy lights, and colorful drapes.

As the guests arrived, they were greeted with traditional Indian music that set the mood for the ceremony. Nandini, was seated on a stage at the center of the venue, surrounded by her family members. Her Amms and chachi were fussing over her, making sure that her hair and makeup were perfect while her chacha was making sure that all the arrangements were properly done before the haldi ceremony officially begins.

Nandini was wearing a beautiful lehenga that was a combination of pink and gold colors. The lehenga had intricate embroidery work that shimmered in the light. Her hair had been styled into loose curls with delicate flowers pinned in it to match her outfit.

As Manik's family and friends arrived in a procession, dancing and singing to the beat of traditional dhols and nagadas, the guests broke into applause. Nyonika and Raj, looked resplendent in their traditional attire as they walked up to Nandini to bless her.

"Finally my daughter will be home" Nyonika teared up as she kissed Nandini's forehead. "Thank you Reva and Shekhar for blessing us with this beautiful present."

Nandini teared up but Raj wiped her tears away "Reva and Shekhar are always us Nandini. It's because of their blessings only that today we are able to see this day. They are in our hearts and will always be, always remember this my princess."

Raj blessed Nandini by putting both his hands on her head "From today onward you are our daughter, Nandini. You will always be our Princess, Nandini and the Future Queen of Malhotra family and Heiress to Malhotra Empire. We won't let anyone harm you ever again. That's my promise to you as your Dad."

Nandini hugged Raj who gladly took Nandini into his embrace. "Welcome back to us, Princess. We missed you sweetheart."

Kishori smiled "Raj, if you are done pampering your daughter, shall we start with the haldi ceremony"

"Absolutely,Amma" Raj smiled back as he took several steps back so that the Haldi ceremony could finally begin.

Nyonika begin the haldi ceremony by applying haldi paste to Nandini's hand and face while Pandit ji begin to recite Mantras.
( Haldi is a paste made from turmeric powder mixed with water or milk that is applied to the bride and groom's skin as part of the pre-wedding rituals. The yellow paste is believed to purify their skin and ward off evil spirits.)

Nandini closed her eyes as Kishori applied the paste to her face and felt a sense of calm wash over her.

After thar everyone took their turn and applied haldi on her as part of the rituals. She could feel the love emanating from everyone around her as they sang and danced to the music. It was a beautiful moment that she would remember for the rest of her life.

"You should have seen Manik's face when we applied haldi on him" Dhruv laughed.
"Aryaman,Alia and Mukti couldn't stop teasing him when everyone was applying haldi on him."

"Poor Manik, no matter how badly he wanted to kill us there was nothing he could do at the moment" Mukti laughed. "All he could was smile and bear it all over without complaining."

But Nandini knew that even in that state Manik must have took the strides only because he knew that he had finally found his true soulmate in Nandini.

As the day progressed it created a warm and intimate ambiance. The fragrance of jasmine flowers mingled with that of haldi, creating an intoxicating aroma that filled everyone's senses.

The ceremony continued till late afternoon, with guests feasting on traditional Indian delicacies and dancing to lively music. The couple's families had spared no effort in making sure that everyone was well-fed and entertained.

Nandini felt overwhelmed with gratitude for all the love and support she had received from both families. She knew that this haldi ceremony was just the beginning of a beautiful journey that she would take with Manik by her side. It was a momentous occasion that marked the beginning of their journey together as husband and wife.

Once the haldi ceremony was over Shanno took Nandini to her room. "Nandu, I am going to change as well. You lock your room and take bath. After that change and go to sleep for sometime so that you are well rested before the makeup artists come in the evening. You shouldn't look tired while getting your makeup done so take proper rest before you take step into your beautiful future." Shanno caressed her cheek.

"Okay chachi." She smiled

"Mera sona pyaara bachcha" Shanno smiled back at Nandini. "Chalo you take bath while I get to my room to change."

Shanno left and Nandini closed the door.

She was completely covered in haldi from top to bottom. "I need to get out of this attire before I could take a shower"

"Not so fast"

Nandini's eyes widened in shock as she turned around to see the face of the person who was standing right in front of her "Manik"

"Our haldi isn't over yet, Nandini"

------------------------------------------------------------------