100.

**Wohooooo....it's 100th chapter for Bride of the Malhotra's🥳🥳🥳

Bride of the Malhotra's officially becomes my very first book to cross the benchmark of 100+ chapters.

Thank you all for your unconditional love and support my dearies. This story wouldn't have run this far if it wasn't for you all. Love you all.❤❤

And happy reading.❤❤

Sam❤❤.

------------------------------------------------------------------

He was about to say something when he heard her saying "Dad...don't worry about anything I will take care of everything."

His feet froze when he heard Raj's voice "I don't want Manik anywhere near you Nandini. You promised that you will return to us soon but now it seems you have changed your mind because of him. Isn't it."

"My son needs me Dad." Nandini's words widened Manik's eyes in shock as he heard her entire sentence "...and it's not because of Manik I am staying here rather I am staying here because I want to be with Manik and my son."

"Nandini...I don't trust Manik Malhotra." Raj's declaration of Manik's disapproval had been the same for past 5 years however Manik still feel the same sting every single time like he felt the first time when Raj disowned him.

However Nandini's words did soothed him down instantly "But I trust him Dad. And I know you trust me. So indirectly you too trust Manik whether you accept it or not. Or else you would have dragged me back on my first day in Mumbai itself. It's high time you need to accept this fact Mr. Raj Malhotra or else I would have to make you."

"Are you threatening me Miss Nandini Malhotra." His words made Nandini smile which in turn made Manik smile.

"Is it working?." Nandini raised her eyebrows as she questioned him to which Raj replied "..kind of..."

"Well then I am doing my job correctly." She was too proud of herself that made both Raj and Manik laugh.

"Ek hi piece ho duniya me." Raj shook his head as he gave into Nandini's demand. "Only you could make me reconsider my decision to take Manik..bac.." however before he could finish Nandini swiftly changed the topic "Dad I need go. But we will talk about this later. Okay. You take care of yourself and Maa. And I will call you both later okay."

"Sure." Raj's tone also changed as he correctly interpreted the hidden meaning of Nandini's sudden change in behavior. "Take care of yourself bachcha and give loads of love to Aarav from my side."

"..and to Manik too.."Nandini quickly added to which Raj made a face and replied "..whatever.."

"Bye Dad. Love you." Nandini smiled as her call finally got over after Raj muttering "..love you right back kiddo. Bye."

"Eavesdropping is a bad habit Mr. Manik Malhotra." She didn't turn to look at him as she conveniently kept her cell phone back into her pocket. "..eavesdroppers never hear anything good about themselves.
do they."

"Your father disapproves of me it seems." Nandini could feel the hidden pain in Manik's casual reference of "YOUR FATHER" however she couldn't let him see through her act so even she played along. "That's how exactly any Father would react when he finds about the relationship of her daughter with any man. No matter how sexy, handsome and awesome the guy is for a girl's father that guy is always the "villain" it's the usual Modus Oprendi. So don't worry."

However before she could turn to look at him she felt both his hands on her waist as he held her from the back and kissed the top of her head. "Thank you for coming back Nandini."

Nandini's facial expressions changed instantly as a sudden sensation of pain course through her at his words. "...thank you for just breathing."

She was grateful that he couldn't see her face or else all her drama would have ended because he would have easily caught onto her lies just by looking once at her face. "And thank you for waiting for me and not moving on with a bitch like Sanaya." She tried to lighten the situation but Manik's hold on her only got tighten.

"It was...is...and will always be you Nandini. Always." Nandini smiled as she wiped her tears before turning around in his embrace and holding him close. "..well the feeling is mutual Mr. Malhotra. You will always be my "One and Only." Hamesha."

After what it felt like ages they both were experiencing a peace that could only be experienced by someone who had reunited with each other after being separated for gazillion birth.

It was simple, serene, calm and liberating.

"JUST A REMINDER: The bet is still on Manik." She winked at him as she pecked his lips.

"I KNOW" he kissed her back on the lips too. She smiled and hugged him back. "Manik..can I ask you something."

"Anything." Manik was surprised at her question "You don't need my permission. So ask me anything about anything."

"It's about your Father. Manik." Her words stiffened him for a second. "What about him."

"I know it has something to do with your wife and her news of pregnancy while she was in state of comatose. And that's when things changed between your father and you." She looked up to meet his eyes and asked the question that she knew would scratch his wounded heart all over again. But she still went ahead because this time she wanted to remove his pain from the core forever and that's why she decide to cross the line that she knew only she could cross ."WILL YOU TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN YOUR FATHER AND YOU AFTER YOU CAME TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR WIFE'S PREGNANCY."

------------------------------------------------------------------

**Next two-three chapters : HOLD YOUR BOX OF TISSUES TIGHTLY.**

Vote Target : 400+ votes
Comment Target: 150+ votes.

My schedule is going to turn too hectic as I have certain interviews and exams lined up from 10th October onwards. So I will try to post as soon as this target gets over so that the flow of story isn't disrupted.

Next update will be of Walking through the Stars. It will be posted in couple of days.